IG's Herald of Discord

Oni

First Post
Jarl threw the creature's weapons on the ground in a heap.

Bah. Naught but a pile of junk. Beastie here won't be helpin' us any I'm thinkin'. I'd not be surprised to find more of his sort around here though.

His eyes shifted back and forth suspiciously at the surrounding woods.

I'm not likin' it here. I'm thinkin' we best get a move on. Maybe this path'll lead us to someone who can tell us where in the blazes we are, or at least out of this infernal forest.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well," Erin says with her slightly foreign accent, "I have no idea where we are." She stands up and dusts her skirt off briskly.

"These plants are unfamiliar to me. We may not even be on the same world."

She looks around before finally settling her gaze on the path.

"I suppose we should follow that, but we'll want someone to scout, in case it was made by more of those things. It could lead us straight to a village of them if we're not careful."

garyh

First Post
"Well, I'm sure you'll agree my slow, metal-plated tail isn't meant for scouting. I'll follow a short distance behind Or- ...our most stealthy member," Khemnos says. He has to stop himself from saying his sister's name, for she had been their scout... before.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
All right, all right, I get the picture. Midnight keeps her wand at the ready, hidden just behind her hand and takes point. She starts to scout ahead but is carful not to trail too far from the group. She wants them to be able to see her should an encounter break out. At the first sign of trouble I'm going to veil myself and attempt a first strike.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Selenia hangs back with Khemnos. "I'd probably best hang back too - I'm not exactly at my best when it comes to being stealthy - but come get me if you find something besides enemies, it's probably best if I do the talking." She winks at the others, her skill with words well-known in the group.

industrygothica

Adventurer
You all feel a bit refreshed after you take the time to find your bearings and discuss the situation. As the time for action has come, Midnight draws her wand and takes point, walking slowly and keeping to the side of the path. Erin Sisper and Jarl follow at a respectable distance, while the paladin Khemnos and Sehanine's chosen take up the rear.

It isn't long before you hear the voices from beyond the trees, then the cracking of twigs and branches as they trample through the undergrowth. It's that same infernal tongue--the hissing and dragging on of consonants--but the voices are different. Deeper, more sinister... more human. Whatever their source, they're approaching quickly through the trees from the left, and not trying to be quiet about it.

HoD-001_GLM004.jpg
[sblock=Information]You'll have the benefits of a short rest.

You all have the option to jump into the trees to the right or left of the path, or stay on the path in the open. Squares with foliage offer concealment, but count as difficult terrain.

Check your status below and make sure it is accurate before the encounter starts.[/sblock]
[SBLOCK=Status]
[SBLOCK=Jarl Frostbiter -0/40]
AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 13 Will 14
Init +1 AP: 0
Used Surges 0/10 (Value=10)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Midnight Star -5/31]
AC 14 Fort 13 Ref 15 Will 16
Init +6 AP: 1
Used surges 0/8 (value 7)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Selenia -4/31]
AC 19 Fort 15 Ref 12 Will 17
Init +1 AP: 1
Used Surges 0/9 (Value=7)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Khemnos Darksong -8/33]
AC 22 Fort 15 Ref 16 Will 17
Init +0 AP: 1
Used surges 0/11 (value 8)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[SBLOCK=Erin Sisper -3/27]
AC 16 Fort 14 Ref 17 Will 17
Init +1 AP: 1
Used surges 1/7 (value 6)

Conditions:

Powers Used
[/SBLOCK]

[/SBLOCK]

Oni

First Post
Hearing the approaching group Jarl swore quietly under his breath. He loosed the hammer and rod from his belt as he made his way off the path. Moving as quietly as an armoured dwarf can he tried to hide himself from immediate view.

[sblock=ooc]

I wasn't quiet certain from the description. If you mean they sound like their traveling along the path from the left then Jarl will hide on the left side of the path. If it sounds like their crashing through the woods directly on his left he'll hide on the ride side of the path.

Stealth (1d20=3)
sooo sneaky. :)

[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
On hearing the loud noises, and seeing several other people scattering, Erin decides that discretion is the better part of valor in this case. She spies a path curving back behind the bushes and trees and hurries along it to get some concealment from the oncoming...entities.

(Moving to W-35, not actually IN the green area, but with the sort of "green fork" there between her and the noises.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases