layoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricNoah

Adventurer
One of my sad duties during my time as the D&D news guy was reporting on a round of layoffs at WotC.

I see a note on Chris Pramas' Facebook page to the effect that he's hearing rumors of the same going on right now.

Anyone have anything more substantial?

Scribble

First Post
One of my sad duties during my time as the D&D news guy was reporting on a round of layoffs at WotC.

I see a note on Chris Pramas' Facebook page to the effect that he's hearing rumors of the same going on right now.

Anyone have anything more substantial?

Nothing substantial... but can I say I hope it's not true?

Layoffs suck. :(

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
Regrettably - 'tis the season.

Obviously, though, layoffs are everywhere these days so this is not a WotC-only issue for sure.

PaizoCEO

First Post
Here are the names I have confirmed as of a few minutes ago:

Randy Buehler (VP of digital gaming)
Andrew Finch (director of digital games)
Stacy Longstreet (senior art director)
Julia Martin (editor)
William Meyers (creative manager, digital design)
Dave Noonan (game designer)
Jennifer Paige (online community manager)
Jennifer Powers (marketing)
Jonathan Tweet (game designer)

-Lisa Stevens
CEO
Paizo Publishing

Rechan

Adventurer
Dave Noonan (game designer)
Ow, my heart just got stabbed a little.

I really like Noonan. I love his voice on the Podcasts, he is very outgoing. I can't put his name to the various 4e stuff (not sure what he did specifically), but I know he was very in the mix with it, and that makes me really sad. (Well, sadder than just knowing people are getting layed off).

Jonathan Tweet (game designer)
He still works for WotC? Wow. I also can't put his name to anything, but the nostalgia of him working on 3e makes me familiar enough with him to feel bad. Dang.

I notice a lot of those are in the digital area. Might this be in response to the Gleemax failure? Or something over DDI not performing?

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases