layoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thieran

First Post
I remember Julia Martin for her excellent "Faiths & Avatars" sourcebook.

My condolences to all those who are affected!

Michele Carter

First Post
I remember Julia Martin for her excellent "Faiths & Avatars" sourcebook.

That, and many other things.

If I may: Take a moment, and look through your stack of D&D game books for the last seventeen years, particularly the Forgotten Realms products. Pick out your favorites. And then look at the credits page where you rarely go, and read the editors' names. Julia's will be there more often than not.

She is one of the most experienced and dedicated editors I know, and she will be sorely missed.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
If I may: Take a moment, and look through your stack of D&D game books for the last seventeen years, particularly the Forgotten Realms products. Pick out your favorites. And then look at the credits page where you rarely go, and read the editors' names. Julia's will be there more often than not.

She is one of the most experienced and dedicated editors I know, and she will be sorely missed.
A few years ago I joked to Michelle that I was an editing fanboy; editing usually is the deciding factor in whether I enjoy reading a book or not, and the editor is usually an unsung hero in a book's success. I'm really going to miss Julia.

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
There's been a few comments about Randy Buehler. I never knew of him from any place but DDInsider. However I wanted to say that once he relaunched the DDI project with his weekly Wednesday columns, I felt a lot more confident about the direction DDI was going in.

I liked him, and I didn't have any baggage coming in with me when I made that assessment. The last few months of DDI have seemed better and stronger, and I was getting hopeful. I credit Randy Buehler for that, right or for wrong.

There is no question it is better. But the early days, were pretty rough.

Markustay

First Post
Very sad news indeed.

My heart goes out to the folks (and their families) who have lost their livelihoods, because of poor decisions made by others.

The Little Raven

First Post
I was expecting an announcement like this soon, but some of the names on the list astound me. I feel like I'm taking crazy pills.

David Noonan, Julia Martin, Stacy Longstreet... Jonathon Tweet(!), an icon. Wow. Just wow. That'd be like White Wolf announcing that Ethan Skemp was getting the boot.

I've got tons of respect for the rest of the team still soldiering on, but this is definitely the end of an era, and I feel sad to have seen it come.

JVisgaitis

Explorer
Wow does this suck. :.-( I loved listening to Dave on the D&D Podcast. I couldn't imagine being laid off at a time like this. And the people on that list is insane! Best of luck to everyone in finding a new job.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Major layoffs during the 3e era created some award-winning game companies: Green Ronin, Malhavoc Games, and quite a few more. I can only hope that layoffs during the 4e era do the same.

23 folks were laid off, I believe. Painful.

Wise words from the Kitty. Put those names together and think what they might produce as a solo team, unfettered by corporate constraints! :)

Best wishes to all those that were laid off today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads