layoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ycore Rixle

First Post
Good luck to everyone, and my best wishes for all affected. Those are some big names. Dave, you're a class act, and the few chances we had to work together were a lot of fun.

Pour

First Post
Best of luck Dave. I can't relate how much I respect your continued enthusiasm for the game, or your level of tact and poise during a trying point in the industry. You truly are a cut above and an inspiring example of what a designer and a professional should be. You are the man!

Ydars

Explorer
I am really sorry that this has affected so many talented people. I think this industry is very brutal and takes no account of the sacrifices people have to make to work as RPG games designers. This makes the commitment of the people on that list, to this hobby, all the more inspiring.

I wish everyone who has got this hard news today the very best; now and in the future.

catsclaw227

First Post
Good luck to all those let go. Tough times for all...

Dave, is it possible that some of these will be "rehired" as freelancers (designers, developers, editors) for future products? I know in IT, many companies will layoff and then rehire some of the programmers as consultants so that they can use them in smaller and more focused efforts, saving money on things like Worker's Comp, Insurance, etc...

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I hope that some of the WotC folks will decide to come by and take a look at EnWorld once things die down. I want to offer my most sincere condolence at a layoff (especially at this time of year....) and wish you all the best.

The thing is, gaming is an important part of my life, and has been so for over 30 years, so in a very real way all of you have made my life better. I just wanted to say thanks for that.

Now I also want to point out that I give very good job references, I have a nearly 100% success rate for getting people new jobs based on my recommendations, so let me know if you need someone to say how awesome you all were! :)

Best wishes,

--Steve

Jack99

Adventurer
In my 10 years at Wizards... [snip]

Maybe I didn't say this enough when I was part of "the Man," but the ENWorld community is absolutely terrific. The level of discourse here continues to be top-notch, and there's always an interesting thread sitting right there, begging to be read. But if you're already a regular here, you've already figured that out, huh?

--David Noonan, who should probably get a new user name.

Thanks for all the great things you helped bring to us.

Cheers

Riley

Legend
David (and all the others - I mean, Tweet, too - really?), I wish you all the best, and I hope you all land on your feet.

I also hope you find a place where you can continue to produce great game material for my enjoyment.

jinnetics

Explorer
Isnt this the second set of layoffs since 4e was released?

Don't go connecting dots that aren't there. We know nothing. Everyone is laying people off right now. Everyone has to cut back, no matter how much it hurts.

I also send my regrets and hopes to those affected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases