grodog's review of Castle Zagyg: The Upper Works

TerraDave

5ever, or until 2024
I have never seen a review go so far to provide contex, and 15 pages, impressive.

After reading this and MerricBs review, I really have to get this.

Anyone know if I can?

FATDRAGONGAMES

First Post
Great review! Yes, it is still available (AFAIK) directly from Troll Lord Games (Troll Lord Games). While you're there download the free quickstart rules for C&C if you've never looked at it before, you'll be glad you did.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
I have never seen a review go so far to provide contex, and 15 pages, impressive.

Anyone know if I can?

Definitely call. Some people got 'em quick, but enough people (myself included) had delays or shipments that just disappeared. It's worth the call...I got mine shipped priority at no extra charge (I'd ordered it over a month ago and never saw hide nor hair) and the Lords are a great crew to chat with, whether over the phone or via email.

But yeah, definitely call it in.

timbannock

Adventurer
Supporter
I finally finished my review of the CZ:UW boxed set, and you can read it at http://www.greyhawkonline.com/grodog/gh_grodog_castle_zagyg_review_final.pdf

Oh, and yeah, sweet review!

Having a Greyhawk scholar such as yourself analyze this work is awesome. I love the context information, especially the analysis of encounters vs. Gygax's 1E DMG days of encounter mixes. Rad!

I hope to spring Castle Zagyg on my unaware players as a special Pre-Christmas session in honor of Gary's passing, great adventures, and all-around-holiday-D&D-good-cheer!

skinnydwarf

Explorer

Anyone know if I can?

I ordered mine from my FLGS, Pandemonium games, and picked it up yesterday. Although it was released at Gen Con it seems to have taken awhile for distributors to get ahold of it, so that is why you may not have seen it in game stores. If you want to support your FLGS, you might want to ask if they can order it before you order it directly from Troll Lord.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases