4e Combat Playtest [FULL]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Inspired by the Kombat Kraziness thread, and similar in the dynamics.
3 Combat Encounters, with short rests in-between. I'm looking for 4-6 characters, for three tough encounters (party lvl +2 to +4). Preferrably players qho are willing to post quite frequently, since pbp combat is already so slow on its own.

Available Sources*:
PHB
MM (races)
Adventurer's Vault
Forgotten Realms Player's Guide
Martial Power
Dragon Magazine (no playtest classes)

*Note: Some options might be disallowed or nerfed. Examples are Double weapons, Marked Scourge feat, some items, some powers.

Character creation rules:
-20th lvl
-22 pb
-Standard wealth (1 item of lvl, lvl -1 and lvl+1, plus wealth equal to price of an item of lvl-1)
-Complete stat sheets, easy to read please.
-Post a description of your character, a background isn't required but if you want it, it's welcome.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Ooooh, I'm interested! For a character, I'm thinking a warhammer-weilding Dwarf Fighter who loves to smash things. No background yet, sorry.

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Ooh, I'm in, I love this kind of thing.

As for character type, I'd like to bring a warlord to the table, not sure what race yet - I'm interested to see what the Paragon Paths in MP are like :)

Leif

Adventurer
Actually, now that I think about it, every 4E character that I've created so far has been a Dwarf! Let me look in the MM tonight for something interesting, ok? At 20th level, I don't suppose LA will be much of an issue, and easily take into account, assuming that 4E even has such a critter as LA! (That's something else I need to check on!)

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hi guys!
Leif: not sure what you mean by LA... there's no such thing in 4e! MM is only for the character races at the end of the book.
Victim: Hoped you'd see this.

Go crazy with those builds!

Annalist

First Post
Also interested! I missed out on the KK group, so hopefully I can squeak in on this one. I'll have a character sheet up shortly.

Atanatotatos

First Post
The Inner Dragon PP is certainly fine.
Make'em as tough as you can, 'cause I'll try to make these encounters challenging. After all, I'm doing this because I want to see how high-level combat works. If the experiment goes well, I might try something similar later, possibly at epic lvls too.
When I see enough characters completely statted, we can start.

Redclaw

First Post
All right, you've caught my interest despite my overdrawn schedule. How about a Tiefling Hellstalker? I haven't seen a striker suggested yet. :cool:

Remove ads