Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

drothgery

First Post
"Right, we'll adjust up the height, recalibrate the inertial compensator and replace her artwork...don't suppouse you know of any friendly sabaac games floating around the ship?" Istara asks the petty officer as she makes a prodigious force assisted leap up to the cockpitt without any apparent effort.

"There might be." A human male with a chief petty officer's insignia mentioned. "I'm not quite sure how many credits have to change hands before a game stops counting as friendly."

"What range are the laser's zero'ed at?" she calls to the mechanic.

He answered her, and the three techs who worked on her fighter -- the last one was a blue-skinned Twi'lek girl who didn't look old enough to enlist, but she seemed to know what she was doing -- continued to work at her direction.

Shalimar

First Post
"There might be." A human male with a chief petty officer's insignia mentioned. "I'm not quite sure how many credits have to change hands before a game stops counting as friendly."

"Oh, at that point it is still friendly since we're all brothers in arms and such, its just friendly and lucrative at that point." Istara tells the petty officer smiling.

"We''ll I'm new on the ship and I think it'd be a fine thing to find a game like that and make some friends chief, a really friendly thing indeed. Know anyone who can introduce me around to all the new friends I'd meet at such a friendly game?" the Corellian asks wide eyed and innocent.

He answered her, and the three techs who worked on her fighter -- the last one was a blue-skinned Twi'lek girl who didn't look old enough to enlist, but she seemed to know what she was doing -- continued to work at her direction.

Once the work was done Istara ran a ship diagnostic and transmitted it to a datapad so that when she went to the simulator later she could run it with her ship's current status as opposed to a pristine and perfect one that might behave a bit different than hers did. She eyed the blue twilek speculatively and then shrugged, eeven if she wasn't an adult she'd made her choice, and well she herself wasn't big on formalities.

Shayuri

First Post
"You'd know better than I would. I saw a lightsaber on her belt. Something tells me she'll want in on Chief Selkin's Sabaac games within the week, though." He said. "If any such thing were happening aboard a Republic Navy starship, which of course it's not."

Zenith laughs at that and rubs the back of her neck self-consciously. "Yeah, course not. Anyway, Istara and I were at the Academy, but we didn't really socialize much. I think she actually graduated ahead of me, in fact."

She gives him a questioning look. "Anything you want to go over before I do post flight?"

drothgery

First Post
"We''ll I'm new on the ship and I think it'd be a fine thing to find a game like that and make some friends chief, a really friendly thing indeed. Know anyone who can introduce me around to all the new friends I'd meet at such a friendly game?" the Corellian asks wide eyed and innocent.

"Well, if you were to show up at the petty officer's lounge at 2000 on Thursday, there might be something you'd be interested in going on there."
The chief said. "I should warn you that most junior officers -- even Jedi -- tend to walk out with fewer credits than they came in with, though."

[sblock=OOC]Translate into standard Star Wars universe time units if necessary.
[/sblock]

Zenith laughs at that and rubs the back of her neck self-consciously. "Yeah, course not. Anyway, Istara and I were at the Academy, but we didn't really socialize much. I think she actually graduated ahead of me, in fact."

She gives him a questioning look. "Anything you want to go over before I do post flight?"

"Just the usual." He says, then notices the chief engineer and Rosa coming on to the hangar bay.

Shalimar

First Post
"You should know better than to say that to a pilot, especially a Corellian one. As both a Corellian and a Pilot I just can't let a challenge like that go unanswered." Istara replies, her eyes gleaming.

"Is there anything else that a brand new lieutenant from the Corellian Navy should know when being assigned to this ship Chief? Any traditions or such to be followed?" she sincerely doubted that there were given the short eriod of time the crew had been together, but it was good to be seen to be playing ball and at least asking, and trying to fit in.

Shayuri

First Post
Not terribly eager to start the post-flight...a process she found rather tedious...Zenith follows his gaze to the two other people coming into the hangar. Chief engineer, oddly enough, and someone else. What was this, an inspection?

Then she caught sight of the bars on the other woman's uniforms, and it clicked with some of the talk she'd been hearing.

"Hey, is that the new officer?"

possum

First Post
"Hello, everyone," Rosa says as she walks down to join the rest of the group. "I'm Rosa Merridon." She looks at the fighter craft for a second. "How is everyone doing, here?" she asks.

drothgery

First Post
"Hey, is that the new officer?"

"I can't think of anyone else who'd be on the ship sporting a Lt. Commander's insignia. So that's probably her." Lt. Gelian said.

"Hello, everyone," Rosa says as she walks down to join the rest of the group. "I'm Rosa Merridon." She looks at the fighter craft for a second. "How is everyone doing, here?" she asks.

"I'm Lynial Gelian; commander of Taelros' fighter squadron. You're the new exec?" He asks, just to make sure. The pilot was a turquoise-skinned Twi'lek, and if Rosa had been pushing time-in-grade regulations, she would have thought he had blown right past them. Someone his age would typically still be flying, if he stayed in the Navy, but he'd be commanding a cruiser's squadron, or even a battleship's. Obviously there was a story there.

"We came in from maneuvers a bit ago to find the captain here explaining that my second had been snatched away at the last second, and the Corellians sent us over a replacement. I'm beginning to think the Jedi Academy had a bumper crop of pilots last year. She makes two just in my squadron." He said.

drothgery

First Post
"Is there anything else that a brand new lieutenant from the Corellian Navy should know when being assigned to this ship Chief? Any traditions or such to be followed?" she sincerely doubted that there were given the short eriod of time the crew had been together, but it was good to be seen to be playing ball and at least asking, and trying to fit in.

"Not as such," He says. "But this is the second Taelros, you know. They finally decided they weren't going to take the first one out of reserves and sent her to the breakers last year, which freed up the name. And while I never met Nikita Taelros, I can't imagine the Republic naming a ship after my wife's late big sister if she hadn't deserved it."

Shayuri

First Post

Zenith gives a snappy salute that contrasts with the lopsided smile that might be considered too informal for an officer greeting her superior for the first time.

"Zenith," she says, turning the salute into a sort of flip-wave gesture. "Folks call me Zee. I'm a pilot. Jedi too, sometimes."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases