Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

drothgery

First Post
"Yes." He said. "And normally we'd leave any groundside or boarding operations to our Marine contingent, but given the probable abilities of the enemy, I'll have to ask you, Lt. Starglow, or Lt. Khambatta -- or possibly all three of you -- to accompany any such action."

Shayuri

First Post
Zenith nods thoughtfully.

"It's too bad we don't know more about their training. Still, until we do know, and until we've seen how strong they are, it's probably a good idea for us to all go and to stick together. They taught us at the Academy that the Sith are merciless with the weak...which means that any Sith we meet will probably be pretty strong."

drothgery

First Post
"I expect we'll see some resistance above and on Ruusan, then," Rosa says.

"That's likely. And we don't have good data on how the Nebulon-C Frigate differs from the Nebulon-B yet. Naval Intelligence says its the Imperials first try at a proton missile frigate, but it's built on pretty much the same platform as the Nebulon-B. We don't know exactly what that means just yet." Commander Cyn said.

Shalimar

First Post
"I'm a pilot, not an soldier sir, but I guess that'll just make it more interesting." Istara says with a sigh.

"Do we have any idea on whether the Nebulon C will have any support ships with it, or if there are any Imperial ships already stationed at Ruusan?" the Corellian asked.

drothgery

First Post
"Do we have any idea on whether the Nebulon C will have any support ships with it, or if there are any Imperial ships already stationed at Ruusan?" the Corellian asked.

"Neither we nor the Imperials claim the system, not surprising since the disaster there just before Darth Pauran's rise to power, so definitely no fixed assets in place. Our information says it should be just the frigate and its fighter wing -- our operations research people say they should have dumped one of the Nebulon B's two fighter squadrons for missile storage if they made the most efficient design choice -- that's what we did with the Sacheen class -- but we can't guarantee that. We'll have to come up with a new plan if they have more than that -- the Republic's long past the days when we had to take on Star Destroyers with frigates."

Shalimar

First Post
"When we go after this guy will we have the ship marines with us to counter whatever storm trooper presence he may have with him or will it just be the three of us? I don't mind long odds, but I'd rather have a few cards hidden up my sleeve before sitting down at the saabac table sir."

"If we want to capture a force user, especially one that might use a lightsaber our options are going to be rather limited since he'll just deflect stun bolts, and I'd not fancy my chances of smacking him with a stun baton while he's holding a lightsaber...I'd like to talk with the chief engineer, see if we can't come up with something that could take him by surprise. Will there be time for that?"

drothgery

First Post
"When we go after this guy will we have the ship marines with us to counter whatever storm trooper presence he may have with him or will it just be the three of us? I don't mind long odds, but I'd rather have a few cards hidden up my sleeve before sitting down at the saabac table sir."

"That will depend on what he's got on the ground. I'll certainly send at least a platoon of Marines with you; if it looks like he's got Stormtroopers out in force, we may end up using our entire Marine company with the fighter wing flying close air support."

"If we want to capture a force user, especially one that might use a lightsaber our options are going to be rather limited since he'll just deflect stun bolts, and I'd not fancy my chances of smacking him with a stun baton while he's holding a lightsaber...I'd like to talk with the chief engineer, see if we can't come up with something that could take him by surprise. Will there be time for that?"

"If she can work quickly. It shouldn't take us all that long to get there."

drothgery

First Post
"How old is this information?" Rosa asks. "And should they have arrived on the planet before us?"

"Only a few days, for the info from Coruscant. It's been months since anything official from the Navy or the Jedi has been to Ruusan, so I can't be 100% sure there won't be other Imperials beyond the ones we're going after there." He says. "They'll probably be ahead of us, but not by much; we should have a faster hyperdrive than an Imperial frigate."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases