Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

Shalimar

First Post
Istara grimaces at mention of her mother and her mother's fleet. "Are we all flying P-wings or are 3 trios in E-wings with the fourth in P-wings." She couldn't keep a small touch of derision out of her voice at the prospect of flying one of the bombers. Her godmother might be brilliant and all, and they certainly were useful, but it wasn't her god mother that had to drive the lumbering things.

It seemed silly to her to break up a squadron into two different kinds of fighters if you could keep everyone in the same thing and attach a flight group of 4 P-wings. It'd let you divy up the squadron with 4 fighters protecting the P-wings, 4 protecting the ship from enemy fighters, and the last 4 going after the enemy's own bombers.

drothgery

First Post
Istara grimaces at mention of her mother and her mother's fleet. "Are we all flying P-wings or are 3 trios in E-wings with the fourth in P-wings." She couldn't keep a small touch of derision out of her voice at the prospect of flying one of the bombers. Her godmother might be brilliant and all, and they certainly were useful, but it wasn't her god mother that had to drive the lumbering things.

"Nine E-Wings -- the new Corellian attack fighters that you've probably trained with have a few pluses and few minuses compared to them, and the same goes for the latest TIEs the Imperials are putting out, though their stock birds are still old TIE Interceptors -- and 3 P-Wings, so we've got a dozen pilots and six gunners in the squadron."

Shalimar

First Post
"More gunners than P-wings? I guess the 3 extra gunner's work with the ship's gunnery crews or do they man a recovery craft's guns?" Istara says with a nod, assimilating the information that she was almost certainly in an E-wing.

"Right then, with your permission I'd like to go get to know the crew servicing my fighter then, unless we have a briefing comng up...Do you know how long it'll be before we are considered fully operational and assigned to duty?"

drothgery

First Post
"More gunners than P-wings? I guess the 3 extra gunner's work with the ship's gunnery crews or do they man a recovery craft's guns?" Istara says with a nod, assimilating the information that she was almost certainly in an E-wing.

"Two gunners per bomber. They're not the easiest birds to handle, and they carry more weaponry than anything else their size, even when they're out of missiles."

[sblock=OOC]The K-Wing, which the P-Wing was built instead of, had a pilot and three gunners. The P-Wing is a three-man craft; it's designed to be crewed by two gunners and a pilot.[/sblock]

"Right then, with your permission I'd like to go get to know the crew servicing my fighter then, unless we have a briefing comng up...Do you know how long it'll be before we are considered fully operational and assigned to duty?"

"All the crew's here, and the ship doesn't seem to be falling apart on us, so within the next few days we'll probably be officially attached to 3rd Fleet... and unofficially off to some remote corner of the galaxy. This is the 187th Frigate Group, after all."
He said.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
"A few days doesn't leave much time for everyone to get familiar with a new class of starship...do you know what the likelyhood is of this first cruise being a shakedown cruise instead of a combat tour?" Istara asks, then shrugs, watever happened happened. It didn't leave much time to get her checked out on the fighter though, used to as she was Corellian designs.

"How do the E-wings handle? I know they are fast, but do they have any quirks not in the specs?"

possum

First Post
Sarcia sighed. The last thing she needed was to play tour guide to the new exec. But it did come from the commander so she would make the best of it. She made her way to the exec's quarters and rang the door chime.

Sarcia saluted. "Lieutenant Targon reporting at Commander Cyn's request!" She notes the shiny new lieutenant commander's insignia. "I believe I am to give the lieutenant commander a tour of the ship and an overview of her capabilites!" She continues to hold the salute until Lieutenant Commander Merridon returns the salute.

"Thank you, Lt. Targon," Rosa says with a quick return of a salute. "Lead on."

G

Guest 11456

"Thank you, Lt. Targon," Rosa says with a quick return of a salute. "Lead on."

Sarcia nods and then proceeds to give the lieutenant commander the full tour while explaining the ship's capabilities. It was a good thing she had been reading up on the technical specifications.

Shayuri

First Post
"A few days doesn't leave much time for everyone to get familiar with a new class of starship...do you know what the likelyhood is of this first cruise being a shakedown cruise instead of a combat tour?" Istara asks, then shrugs, watever happened happened. It didn't leave much time to get her checked out on the fighter though, used to as she was Corellian designs.

"How do the E-wings handle? I know they are fast, but do they have any quirks not in the specs?"

Zenith pipes up at that.

"They're really sensitive in manuevers," she claims. "More than you'd think for such a heavy fighter. You have to baby the control stick and have a steady hand or you can get into a tumble in no time. Also, the E-wings have a lot more torpedos than older fighters, so your engagement range is longer. It's not just a dogfighter like the X-wings."

She considers, thinking on the practice runs.

"I haven't flown live-fire in an E-wing yet, but I think you'll really have to pay attention to the wings. You've got both engines and most of your weapons way out to the side there outside armor, so you reeeeeeally don't want to take a hit past your shields there. The fuselage is actually pretty heavily armored, so you can take hits there if you have to. Sort of the opposite of the X-wings really, where a wing hit was no big deal, but a hit on the main body was bad news."

"Oh, and your astromech can't see outside the ship in that socket, which isn't a big deal, but it might come up."

Shalimar

First Post
"I'd disagree with the assement that an X-wing was a just anything. They had two Proton Torpedo tubes to the E-wings one tube, even if the E-wing has a greater capacity. The same with the upgraded HLAFs that the Corellian Navy uses. They are pretty similair to the E-wing in cross section and armament though like I said the HLAFs have two Torpedo tubes giving them a bit more punch. I think the biggest difference between them is the sopistication of the E-wings computer's making it more responsive and the ship's targetting package."

"So...where were you guys heading before I showed up?"

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
Sarcia nods and then proceeds to give the lieutenant commander the full tour while explaining the ship's capabilities. It was a good thing she had been reading up on the technical specifications.

OOC: The idea was to give a few PCs a chance to talk, and you could swing by the pilots in the hangar or Storm on the bridge if you wanted to...

Remove ads