Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

drothgery

First Post
With no further questions, the Captain ends the briefing. Within minutes, Taelros is on its way to the edge of the system and away from the main body of 3rd Fleet. Within hours, the ship is in hyperspace.

Rosa ran through the numbers in her head. A little over three days to Ruusan, with Taelros' fast x0.9 hyperdrive. It would take a Nebulon-B frigate a week to make the same trip. It was likely the Imperials had upgraded the hyperdrives in the Nebulon-C, but no one really knew by how much.

OOC: I'm using RCR travel times for a core-worlds to mid-rim trip. Although Saga core travel at the speed of plot is fine most of the time, it's not great when you're racing someone else.

drothgery

First Post
Three days later, Taelros left hypserspace, this time in the Ruusan system.

A sensor tech looked up from his board seconds later. "I'm showing one major hypertrail in the last week. Probably no more than a day old. And the only thing in-system larger than a tramp freighter seems to be a frigate-range craft in orbit of the planet. Looks Imperial, but doesn't match the signature of anything known. I'll bet that's our Nebulon-C, though we'll have to get a lot closer to be sure."

Shayuri

First Post
"They got here ahead of us," Zenith comments, grudgingly impressed.

"I guess they didn't skimp on the hyperdrive. Would they have detected us yet, or do we have a chance at taking them by surprise?"

drothgery

First Post
"They got here ahead of us," Zenith comments, grudgingly impressed.

"I guess they didn't skimp on the hyperdrive. Would they have detected us yet, or do we have a chance at taking them by surprise?"

"It's just barely possible that they stuck with the x2 hyperdrive from the Nebulon-B, if they left four or five days before we did. I don't they did, though." The sensor tech chimes in. "They'll probably spot us pretty soon; it's hard to hide a capital ship, especially since we're heading to the planet they're orbiting."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
"Indeed" Storm only replies to Zenith's first comment, yet showing no emotianal responce of impressiveness. He switches his comm to the gunnery-frequency and starts preparing their fight. "We are heading to fire. Ready all stations and load missiles." He is still issuing orders as he heads to one of the stations, to take control of it himself.

[sblock=OOC]Heh... I'm getting Tuvok feeling from Storm. He might have emotions... maybe... But he sure as hell isn't going to let them show :D[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
OOC: Where exactly are we? I'd assume that the Pilots would all be in their fighters already, or at least in that process given that we are jumping in to what could quite possibly be a trap.

"Well it could be worse, this could have been just a wild goose chase. Now we get to actually earn our pay." Istara joked.

"Sir, are we going to be launching now or will we be holding off?" the Corellian asks her wingmate, the squadron commander.

drothgery

First Post
OOC: Where exactly are we? I'd assume that the Pilots would all be in their fighters already, or at least in that process given that we are jumping in to what could quite possibly be a trap.

OOC: Yeah, jumping into a possible hostile situation, you're at full combat readiness when you leave hyperspace, so assume this is normal when you're jumping into trouble. Istara, Zennith, and the fighter pilots (and the P-wing gunners) are in their fighters and ready to launch. Storm, Rosa, Lt. Koran's assistant tactical officer, and a few others are in Auxillery Control. Commander Cyn, Lt. Koran, Storm's assistant gunnery officer, and some others are on the bridge. Lt. Targon is in engineering.

"Sir, are we going to be launching now or will we be holding off?" the Corellian asks her wingmate, the squadron commander.

"As much as I'd like to get out there right away, I'd bet the captain will have us hold off until we pick up enemy fighters. If the Imperials want to get in a long-range missile duel with us, I'd wager he's inclined to let them."
The Twi'lek wing commander answers.

possum

First Post
Rosa stands ready in the aux control room, monitoring all the information feeds coming in. One hypertrail, she thinks, At least it's not a whole fleet...

"What do they want on this planet?" she wonders outloud.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases