Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

Shalimar

First Post
"This'll leave the ship's squadron pretty short handed if they have to fight against a dozen interceptors, or more advanced fighters. A dozen against seven is pretty rough without the seven having to defend other craft."

"It might be better if we take their fighters out before we send down the marines, and Zenith and I can cover the landings."

drothgery

First Post
"This'll leave the ship's squadron pretty short handed if they have to fight against a dozen interceptors, or more advanced fighters. A dozen against seven is pretty rough without the seven having to defend other craft."

"It might be better if we take their fighters out before we send down the marines, and Zenith and I can cover the landings."

"I won't dispatch the fighter contingent to ground support unless the Imperials have done the same thing, or we've already dealt with their fighters. We're going to be making a lot of this up as we go along."
He says.

Shalimar

First Post
"I won't dispatch the fighter contingent to ground support unless the Imperials have done the same thing, or we've already dealt with their fighters. We're going to be making a lot of this up as we go along." He says.

"I meant that our squadrons are short handed in comparision to imperial squadrons given that we only have 9 fighters and the other three are bombers. With Zenith and I on a ground mission thats down to seven fighters against a whole squadron of Tie Interceptors, or Advanced models, almost 2-1 odds." Istara explains, trying to clarify.

"I was asking if Zenith and I shouldn't use our fighters instead of going down in the shuttle so we are closer to being with the rest of the Squadron if needed."

Shayuri

First Post
"We could start out in fighters, then join the ground forces once we've established space superiority," Zenith suggests mildly.

drothgery

First Post
"I was asking if Zenith and I shouldn't use our fighters instead of going down in the shuttle so we are closer to being with the rest of the Squadron if needed."

"I suppose I wasn't sufficiently clear. Lt. Khambatta is correct; I have no intention of pulling you two from your fighters -- or Lt. Storm from his gunnery grew, for that matter -- until the situation in space is such that we can do it."

possum

First Post
"What's our main tactical advantage going into this mission?" Rosa asks. "How do we know that the Empire isn't leading us into a trap?"

drothgery

First Post
"What's our main tactical advantage going into this mission?" Rosa asks. "How do we know that the Empire isn't leading us into a trap?"

"Unless the Empire's pulled off a few feats of engineering that our technical people are convinced are impossible for them, we should have a Nebulon C outgunned, especially when the bombers are added into the mix, despite being smaller and faster. My understanding is that the source for our information has been reliable in the past, and we've confirmed most of it through multiple channels, but of course operational details on intelligence work aren't passed on to field commanders. So there's only one real way to know the Empire's not leading us into a trap -- at least, unless our Jedi have more talent with farseeing than I thought."

Shalimar

First Post
"Sorry, no surprises from me. Master Solo always yelled at me for being too focused on the here and now." Istara said with a shrug. She wasn't too bothered by her apparent failing.

"What I was thinking of for our surpise for our force user was strapping some drids with vests full of stun gernades. Have them run up to the guy and set them off. Its not like droids would even feel the grenades, and with a half dozen gernades it should be enough to put him out, shake him up at the very least. Use more of the same for guards. It might do him much good to keep getting hit with stun blasts, but its preferable to having him get away."

"I don't believe it would be all that hard to find stun gernades or a vest, all that would be needed would be for the engineers to rig the grenades to all go off at once."

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Storm has been slouched on his usual manner at his seat, listening to the conversation. I foresee no trap but my connection to the Force is not great. However, we are talking about a possible Sith here, and they are always too easy to underestimate. As for grenades, I have few on my combatgear. But if he is a Sith, what we really need to worry about is why is he going there. The Empress wouldn't send him to a tactically worthless planet unless there was something to find. Whatever it is, we need to prevent her from getting it.

Shayuri

First Post
"Well, there's one sure way to find out," Zenith notes cheerfully. "We go down, and we ask 'hey, what are you doing down here?' Then we'll repeat it, only less politely, after we've defeated him...or her."

"Point being, we'll never figure it out from up here. We've got to mop up the fighters and the frigate, then get down there and see what's going on."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases