Star Wars: Republic and Empire (IC)

possum

First Post
Rosa listens intently during her tour, studying both the ship's layout and her new command's layout on her datapad.

"What about our fighter capabilities?" Rosa asks. "I know the New Republic seems to be slowly phasing them out, but that's one policy I heavily disagree with. Of course, I'm still not in much position to do anything about it..." she muses.

drothgery

First Post
"So...where were you guys heading before I showed up?"

"If you mean the members of my poor fighter squadron," He said, "We just finished a series of manuevers when the captain brought you by. Which means our pilots and gunners will be doing their post-flight, and then everyone except me gets to break for a meal. I get to go over the flight logs and find anything we did wrong, in case the Republic gets desperate enough to use us in combat." You can tell by his tone of voice that he's not at all serious about the last point.

"As to where the ship's going once we ship out, well, in the 187th, you learn to live with uncertainties in little things like that..."

drothgery

First Post
Storm taps a datapad thoughtfully with his claw and snarls at it couple of times. "I'll revise tomorrow's schedule in the evening. I think we can reassing a part of every shift to do extra missile drills. Now if you'll excuse me ma'am, I'd like to go and evaluate the performance of the current shift."

"Dismissed, Lt." She said.

[sblock=OOC]Need to ask another question about ranks. If I understood correctly, Storm is in charge of the day to day activity of the gunnery stations, taking care that each station is manned, looking over shoulders during drills etc.? And drawing up schedules for superiors to accept :D. And of course being part of one shift himself 'cause he likes to take active part of manning the stations.[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
Yup. You've got a pair of ensigns, and enough enlisted men for three shifts for every gunnery station under your command.
[/sblock]

Shalimar

First Post
"I was talking about my squadmates, I guess while they do the post flight I'll go get to know my fighter and support crew. Then join up in the mess for some food...maybe get someone drunk enough to name us. Don't like being a number." Istara says, shrugging. "I'll catch up to you guys in the mess."

The Corellian jedi saunters off towards the fighter bay intending to get into the cockpitt of her new fighter and start the process of getting it customized to her. The usual checklist of changes from setting the inertial compensator to adjusting the seat for her height, and stowing her survival gear.

Once Istara makes her way to the hangar, she looks around for one of the mechanics. "I'm the new Lt. Assigned to the ship's squadron, Istara Starglow, can you point out which fighter is mine?"

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Storm takes a good time to check on the performance of the gunnery drills, and after an hour or so retires to the messhall to enjoy a cup of hot Manellan Jasper, and to work on tomorrow's schedules. Slouched on the chair he looks almost lazy to human eyes but the wrapped up posture is much more natural to his physique than sitting quite like humans. Concentrating on optimising the schedules, it is a good few hours that he can be found there, tapping the datapad with his claw, but ever alert to what goes around him.

[sblock=OOC]Just picking drinks from wookieepedia, tried to keep somewhat era-appropriate and obscure enough to make details myself if necessary :D http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Manellan_Jasper [/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
A little taken aback by Istara's quick patter, Zenith watches the new Jedi pilot head off, then glances at her commanding officer.

"Little uptight, isn't she?" she comments. "Still, she seems to know a lot about the ships. I guess that's good. Anyway, I guess I'd better go postflight."

drothgery

First Post
Once Istara makes her way to the hangar, she looks around for one of the mechanics. "I'm the new Lt. Assigned to the ship's squadron, Istara Starglow, can you point out which fighter is mine?"

A Duros petty officer led you to one of the three fighters that didn't have a pilot along with their crew. "I suppose we'll need to adjust E-2 a bit; Lt. Naadar was a Rodian, sir." He says.

A little taken aback by Istara's quick patter, Zenith watches the new Jedi pilot head off, then glances at her commanding officer.

"Little uptight, isn't she?" she comments. "Still, she seems to know a lot about the ships. I guess that's good. Anyway, I guess I'd better go postflight."

"You'd know better than I would. I saw a lightsaber on her belt. Something tells me she'll want in on Chief Selkin's Sabaac games within the week, though." He said. "If any such thing were happening aboard a Republic Navy starship, which of course it's not."

Shalimar

First Post
"Right, we'll adjust up the height, recalibrate the inertial compensator and replace her artwork...don't suppouse you know of any friendly sabaac games floating around the ship?" Istara asks the petty officer as she makes a prodigious force assisted leap up to the cockpitt without any apparent effort. Sliding in, Istara starts the process of adjusting the pilot's seat backward along its adjustable frame to where it was actually comfortabe for someone taller than a Rodian.

"Once I've got the compensator adjusted I'd like to start calibrating all of this stuff justso I'm sure...not that I don't trust you but I'd like to know for certain that its all just rightifshe is going to be seeing me into and back out of fights."

"What range are the laser's zero'ed at?" she calls to the mechanic. She was asking what range the blasts from the three cannons would converge at, and be at their most potent. Unlike Imperial fighters Rebel...or New Republic fighters had externally mounted weapons the capactiy to adjust the zero point for the mission at hand, generally very close in for ground missions maybe 250 meters and further out for space ones.

OOC: Taking 10 for Surge = +30 on Jump, DC=24 for 2 meter high jump.

possum

First Post
Soon, Rosa enters the hangar on her tour just in time to see Istara make a Force-assisted leap into the cockpit of her fighter. She ignores it however, knowing that a little showmanship during downtime wouldn't hurt. If done during an actual combat scenario, however...

She looks over the former assignment of the fighter. I do hope they were able to get the smell out, she thinks, remembering the Rodian species unique body odor.

drothgery

First Post
"What about our fighter capabilities?" Rosa asks. "I know the New Republic seems to be slowly phasing them out, but that's one policy I heavily disagree with. Of course, I'm still not in much position to do anything about it..." she muses.

"It's not a lot of fun for the fighter pilots, sir." Lt. Karan chimed in from the bridge in an upper-class Anaxsi accent. "But it was pretty dictated by technology. If our best strike weapons couldn't be carried in fighters, then tactics were going to change. And building a Navy like we've been doing is not cheap, even with a thousand worlds' taxpayers to draw on. So we've got only one fighter squadron on our frigates, twenty years ago something the size of a Freedom-class would have carried sixteen squadrons instead of twelve, and we scrapped the plans for a series of pure carriers. If the Imperials ever manage to roll out proton missile ships up and down their line of capital ships, they'll have to do the same thing."

OOC: It looks like I was writing this while you posted something. Don't feel obliged to follow-up.

Last edited:

Remove ads