The Temple of Lauto

Oni

First Post
Magnus averted his gaze from the high priest as he spoke, giving the impression of talking more to himself than anything.

Artifacts...yes...artifacts...which one does the priest desire...don't know, don't know...what form does it take...

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
Vrrsk't listens attentively to the priest and then gets a quizzical look on his face.

"You say we are to retrieve 'the artifact' to return to you but we may keep any other artifacts we find? We'll need more detail about the artifact you wish us to recover, so that we can make we have it. Also, where might we find this renegade priest of yours?"

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk, stares at the bags of gold, the most he's ever seen at one place, even more than the price money he won we he defeated Harrodin in a death match between his tribe and the Redstone tribe to southwest. What an epic battle! He learned something about himself that day. Harrodin had him beat. He was close to death, and then something in him slapped, triggering a torrent of rage... (Snapping back to reality he focuses on the task at hand). Grakk looks up from the gold and levels his gaze to the priest. "Was the rogue priest acting alone or did he have help from others from here, besides the undead he intended to raise.?"

[sblock=ooc Ukingsken]
I'm sorry for butchering you name on previous posts. What is the title for the thread of the adventure? Can't wait to get started.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
The priest was acting alone. His name is Slardazial Verikos Barthilfast, or to his fellow priests Slardy-Bartfast. He is a low level functionary working solely in the Masoleum renewing wards and tending tombs. Expect him to be very well versed in negative and necrotic energies. It also seems likely that he is working for some higher power other then Lauto.

As for the Maoseleum, the nearest entrance is here in the temple. The Maoseleum itself however stretches for miles beneath the very stones of Daunton however. Lucky for you the tomb Slardy has chosen to defile is very near here, and in fact contains some of the clergys own honored dead.

As Belingras speaks of the churches dead being defiled, you see the first hint of emotion appear on the old mans face. His lips turn downward in an almost animalistic grimace before the calm mask of a leader slides back into place.

The artifact he has stolen is a scepter. Without wasting time it is designed to channel massive amounts of positive energy and assist in renewing the crypts wards without convening a gathering of the churches high priests. Slardy has found a way to invert this conduit, and if he succeeds the shockwave of negative energy could very well raise every corpse within a mile.

As for the other pieces that he has stolen, I care not. The scepter however is paramount. Now if you have any further questions ask them now, if not follow me.

[sblock=OOC] Dont worry about the butchering, didn't even notice. The adventure thread itself has yet to be opened, but it will be called "The Long Arm of Lauto: Broken Wards" when I do start it later today or tomorrow. Also happy Canada Day!![/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Also not that it matters but by my count we have 6 here and I remember counting 7 in the tavern. Does anyone know if there is a 7th coming or are we good to go with the 6?[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
Kamotz continues to listen quietly, keeping his hands folded in front of him, head slightly bowed, he follows Belingras.

[sblock=OOC]

Not sure on a 7th, if it was Mikara the elf girl, she is with dextyr.

[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
[sblock=Blooper Reel]
His name is Slardazial Verikos Barthilfast, or to his fellow priests Slardy-Bartfast.

Morvannon stands and shakes his head in regret. "I'm sorry, I don't think I can help you. This is somebody else's problem." He then leaves without a backward glance.[/sblock]

RedBeardJim

First Post
Morvannon takes in the old elf's anger at the mention of the thief's intentions, and Kamotz's subdued demeanor. *This is serious business.* *serious to them, yes. god-botherers.* *Some gods are worth the bother.*

"Well then, let's go. Can you give us directions to the entrance to the Mausoleum?"

skotothalamos

formerly roadtoad
"This is why we expose our dead on mountaintops to be taken entirely by exposure to Apoli's unyielding light. An empty vessel has no use but to be perverted to evil by those who worship the Darkness. This Slardazial must be stopped. Show me the way, and I'll make sure he pays the price for his perfidious plundering."

Vrrsk't pauses for a moment, seemingly pleased with his own sentence, then he follows Belingras to the mausoleum.

dimsdale

First Post
Grakk gets up and leaves with the others.

[sblock=ooc]
There is only six. The elf would have been seven, but is now going on the JNC adventure. We'll be happy to keep her gold though. :)

Does the priest take one of his bags of gold back or is that still part of hte reward?
[/sblock]

Remove ads