The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Kilbeth thinks, then says, "It's an idea, but who among us can work disguises . I've never done it, and I'm pretty sure these hands are too big to do those fine, arty things."

Dawn Raven

First Post
Disguises may be a good idea. But as Kilbeth says, who here has any skill with that? With this, Les tries to hide a small grin. If anyone had such a skill, would they even want to reveal that already? Let us get an idea of what is in the area first before we consider how to get at Hoofchew. We do not even know yet what type of place, if any, he is holed up within. I have to second Raiyek's idea that we should split up. Merenwen and Kilbeth are both scouts and on top of that seem like they would complement one another well if trouble does arise.

The gith re-adjusts her satchel. Some of these people are so open...how can they just reveal so much about themselves in such a short time? I can hardly recall all their names, much less trust a single one of them. I suppose it is best not to think too hard about all this now anyway. At least Kilbeth is from the Valley of Bone and seems far too shy to be a pirate...that or he is good at disguises.

Realizing that she had fallen into silence before completing her thought, Les speaks up again. While they scout we can do likewise. Approaching the locals may be easier if they are not approached by such a large...band. Splitting up in twos and threes will most likely be more effective.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"That sounds like a ready plan, I know I have some talent in convincing people, but the problem with the plan is of course, who goes with whom?" Larinza looks around the group silently noting who she would not like to be alone with.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Well I certainly don't have any experience with disguises. In any case, it was just an idea. Splitting up into smaller groups to try to find some ... suggestible locals could be just as effective."

Thinking for a moment, Raiyek notices another aspect of the plan. "I'm all for doing some asking around to see where Hoofchew is based, but we have to be prepared for the chance that our asking could tip off Hoofchew that we're coming. That's a risk with any kind of scouting, though."

At the thought of trying to blend into the crowd, Raiyek looks down at his not-so-subtle armor, and glances at his fellows outfitted similarly. "You know, I'm not likely to blend into any kind of crowd in Overgrowth. What if I don't try to blend in? Here's what I'm thinking: I'll go in, possibly with one or two others to make it look real, and don't try to be subtle. We ask up-front about Hoofchew's lair, make it obvious we're going after him, make a fuss. Meanwhile, those of us who look less obvious remain nearby in the crowd, possibly asking questions themselves with the cover of the distraction, and those skilled at stealth can hide nearby similarly. This way, if someone does decide to make trouble, there are two groups of reinforcements, each harder to spot than the next. We might even tempt Hoofchew into sending out a group of his lackeys to stop us before we arrive, weakening his forces at his lair. Thoughts?" Raiyek looks quite proud of his little scheme, but he's not sure the group will like it, or that it will actually work in practice.

[sblock=OOC]Dawn Raven, doesn't Les wear hide armor? I'm wondering where the metal came from ... or does her specific hide armor have metal bits on it or something?[/sblock]

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Kilbeth frowns. "Balth's already gone out to scout ahead. Let's wait to hear back from him, i guess. As for not being subtle, I'm sure I can manage that. However, I'm not sure we should risk such combat openly, Raiyek. Who knows which of the urchins are loyal to Hoofchew?"

[sblock=ooc] Ok, so let me get this straight.
Raiyek is an elven paladin.
Balth is an elven Ranger.
Larinza is a human warlord.
Merenwen is also an elven Ranger.
Les is a Gith...something.
I have no idea who else is what....[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"We'll know which of them are loyal to Hoofchew when they try to stab us in the kidneys," Raiyek says with a wink. "Sorry, that might not have been a good joke to make. You're right, Kilbeth, that is a concern. If we're obvious then we give up the element of surprise, at least for those of us being obvious."

[sblock=ooc]The party:
Raiyek is an elven paladin.
Balth is an elven ranger (archer).
Cross is a tiefling wizard.
Larinza is a human warlord.
Les is a githyanki warlord.
Merenwen is also an elven ranger (archer).
Vashik is a human wizard.
And Kilbeth, of course, is a minotaur ranger (two-blade).
[/sblock]

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Kilbeth lets out a snort at Raiyek's comment. "Aye, that we will. However...We have two wizards AND two snipers, it seems. It's not a bad idea. What does everyone else think?"

[sblock=ooc]Huh. 2 warlord, 2 wizards, 3 rangers, and 1 paladin? My my, that's only 1 defender. Luckily I have a fair amount of HP to throw around :D[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=ooc]Well, at least with 2 warlords, and him being a paladin maybe we can keep the sole defender alive [/sblock]

Brutoni

First Post
"I'm no real tactician, however it seems to me that those who are very capable in Melee and perhaps some who can support, lead and defend should form a group of three to four. If we use the plan laid out by Raiyek then we can have our wizards right back and then have our two archers inbetween." Merenwen pauses and looks at the group. Subconciously checking at her equipment. "The archers can support the main group should they run into trouble that looks obviously dangerous. As can the wizards. If our enemy doesn't expect it then they might bulk up, i can imagine some of the wizards have lovely spells for those senarios?" She pauses for a moment, tucking her hair behind her long and pointed ears, brow furrowed in thought. "I'm not a fan of melee but i can use my longsword well enough to help out the wizards should they get attacked from the rear, i'm also more than fast enough to cover both groups should i remain in the middle of them with Balth?" It was obvious Merenwen thought that the plan the group was pulling together was the best option, as her reiteration of the details suggested by others hinted at.

[sblock=ooc]Okay guys, while we might only have 1 defender we do have two leaders and a melee optimised striker who can support him.
More importantly with 2 wizards and 2 Archer strikers we can hit very hard at range before the enemy closes with us. I rekon Balth, Les, Larinza and Kilbeth should form a group of 4 that attract attention and do the blatently obvious thing. Meanwhile we either have 2 groups of 1 wizard and 1 striker, or both strikers and both wizards in seperate groups, each a bit further back from the main one but still able to provide attack support.[/sblock]

Last edited:

LightRailCoyote

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Makes sense to me, my character can hopefully hold in melee for a while. However, I'd split it so it's the two melee oriented characters and a warlord that make themselves obvious, while the wizards, snipers, and last warlord hide nearby (in case of a back ambush, it'd be good to have a melee oriented healer handy, while one of the two designated tanks comes back.)[/sblock]

"So, how are we going to split our group? And when do you want to act?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases