The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

balth

First Post
Balth listened intently as each person was introduced. The elf speaking was an odd sight. Most of his bretheren took to bow like fish to stream. But this one was an eyesore against the horizon. Light reflecting off all surfaces to give away position and warn of approach. He noticed that he spoke with an Imperium accent mostly, but he wondered multiple times if he heard correctly... a slight twinge of something more.. out of place. He knew it was something he had heard in his childhood, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

Well, regardless, the elf lived up to eloquent standards of his homeland, and turned a polite and keen phrase.

Well met, Raiyek. I am an excellent scout; am well-trained in the art of going unseen, and am keen on landing my arrows with deadly accuracy. I also play a mean waltz, a brogue dwarven drinking song, and halfling dirge for the dead, should we require it.

A hint of merriment shows in his eyes as he runs his hand over his lute; but then the smile disappears slowly from his face almost as quickly as it came.

He eyes the group quickly, thinking that practically anything this Hoofchew could throw at them, they would be quick to dispatch assuming these folk were compitent.

Judging from the other elf in the corner, and the two mages, their composure reeked of confidence. That would either be their advantage, or everyone's downfall.

The ...quiet? Minotaur was of interest to him. He had encountered Minotaurs before. Regardless if they were trying to gore you to death, or sharing an ale in an inn, they were hearty people, who lived life... vigorously. This Kilbeth would be an interesting traveling companion.

Time to roll the dice, he said under his breath. Time to roll the dice and see where Phoebus' favors would lie.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Kilbeth gestured at his swords. "I'm fast, and Kristen and Clardenhelt will drop foes quite quickly.", his quiet voice belying the strength of his frame.
Raiyek is surprised somewhat by the large minotaur's surprisingly soft voice. "Yes, I don't doubt that for a minute. You wield each of those with a single hand? Remarkable, though I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by such a feat from a minotaur such as yourself. And if I don't miss my guess you must have quite a story to tell, too."

Balth listened intently as each person was introduced. The elf speaking was an odd sight. Most of his bretheren took to bow like fish to stream. But this one was an eyesore against the horizon. Light reflecting off all surfaces to give away position and warn of approach. He noticed that he spoke with an Imperium accent mostly, but he wondered multiple times if he heard correctly... a slight twinge of something more.. out of place. He knew it was something he had heard in his childhood, but he just couldn't put his finger on it.

Well, regardless, the elf lived up to eloquent standards of his homeland, and turned a polite and keen phrase.

Well met, Raiyek. I am an excellent scout; am well-trained in the art of going unseen, and am keen on landing my arrows with deadly accuracy. I also play a mean waltz, a brogue dwarven drinking song, and halfling dirge for the dead, should we require it.

A hint of merriment shows in his eyes as he runs his hand over his lute; but then the smile disappears slowly from his face almost as quickly as it came.
Raiyek recognizes Balth's slight look of disapproval; he's seen it before on the faces of other elves. "Oh, come now! Just because I prefer steel to leather doesn't mean I lack all the subtlety of the elves!" As he smiles he sectretly adds in his head, Yes, that's right, I'm good at reading people, too. So watch your step, if you are one of them, because I'm watching you. At least he doesn't wear the colours of the legions; I'm not sure which would be worse. Trying to keep the severity of his thoughts from showing on his face (he knew he could read people, but he also knew he had little skill at preventing others from doing the same with him), he throws in another quip. "And a halfling dirge for the dead? I should hope we will have no need for such a tune!" While he makes the jest light-heartedly, he does silently offers a prayer to Palladys for protection in their endeavour. However mighty this group seemed, there are still things that could go wrong.

"And what of the rest of you? Care to describe where exactly your skills lie?" asks the paladin with his warm voice as his eyes pass over Merenwen, Vashik, Cross, and Les. "I must admit, Les, I'm quite curious what your 'peculiar taste in weaponry' is that you mentioned back in the Hanged Man." Raiyek's smile shows that he is still clearly enjoying this whole adventure, whatever else he might be thinking.

covaithe

Explorer
"You want us to bring back Hoofchew's head. But anything else found on him or his followers is ours, correct? You made no mention of returning any payments to the Church.

Laicos looks slightly surprised. "Any donations you care to make to the church from the possessions of the deceased would be welcome, of course, but I am not stupid enough to make demands that I know would be ignored. 'Muzzle not the kine that tread the grain,' as they say. No offense," he nods to Kilbeth.

"Now, unless you have further questions, I'm going to need my office back. These ledgers won't balance themselves."

[sblock=ooc]I think I'm going to close it with the 8 that we've currently got, with the exception that Kruk can still come, since he expressed interest in the temple thread. 8 or 9 PCs would be hellish for a long game, but I think I can pull it off for this short a game.[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ready.

What is the best way to get my rolls to display properly, because I couldn't get it to work right before?[/sblock]

Brutoni

First Post
"And what of the rest of you? Care to describe where exactly your skills lie?" asks the paladin with his warm voice as his eyes pass over Merenwen, Vashik, Cross, and Les. "I must admit, Les, I'm quite curious what your 'peculiar taste in weaponry' is that you mentioned back in the Hanged Man." Raiyek's smile shows that he is still clearly enjoying this whole adventure, whatever else he might be thinking.

"Merenwen Galanodel at your service, for those who i have no met, i am a watcher of the paths, a ranger in your language, the bow is my chosen weapon however my real skill comes in the hunt itself. I can track effectively and am capable of enduring a long hunt with little sleep or rest, finally if you need a quick and quiet scout then i cant rise to the occasion." Merenwen stops and surveys the group before grinning, her energetic eyes looking at each in turn. "Over a period of hours or days i can keep pace with a warhorse and know ways to help others keep a higher pace than they are used to. Though perhaps that will not be so much use in this hunt?" She turned briefly as the priest made a small noise, swiveling her head to see what it was she looked at him.

Laicos looks slightly surprised. "Any donations you care to make to the church from the possessions of the deceased would be welcome, of course, but I am not stupid enough to make demands that I know would be ignored. 'Muzzle not the kine that tread the grain,' as they say. No offense," he nods to Kilbeth.

"Now, unless you have further questions, I'm going to need my office back. These ledgers won't balance themselves."

"Of course, we shall return upon completion of our mission." Turning to the others the elf waited to for the introductions to be completed, knowing what and how capable the group was would be useful in this adventure, as would a plan to the hunt they would undertake.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!

Larinza looks at Laicos feeling like he's hiring us, but does not trust us in the least.

"As long as I can get the priests to tell me if my mother and father are amoung the living or the dead, I will ask no more restitution of this mission save to cover my expenses. We will return with this orc, make no worry of that."

[sblock=ooc]I've suddenly realize playing a Warlord in a PBP is going to be difficult. Should I call out the actions I'm granting and who I'm granting them to? or should I just make my attack, call out what action and the first person to post can assume it granted it to them? Kinda confusing either way. [/sblock]

Last edited:

ukingsken

First Post
The Bean Counter of Lauto obviously has no more time for us, and our group is now certainly capable of besting a few slavering orcs, shaman or not. Let us get underway so we can achieve glory and our rightful station.

As Vashik speaks his tone takes on that of an officer speaking to young recruits and by the end of his diatribe a vigor shines in his eyes that none of you have seen before. He turns smartly on his heel and marches out of the room, moving with none of the withered or pained movements you are used to.

[sblock=OOC]What time of day is it? Will we be leaving ASAP or is it late enough in the day to wait until morning?[/sblock]

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les addresses Raiyek’s question with a tilt of the head and a low laugh. Is it really time to do this? I know Vashik for one does not believe this skinny form has any strength to it whatsoever. I think he will be surprised to see what a gith can accomplish. Yellow eyes glance the mage’s way and wink at him. It seems that Larinza is a tactician, like myself. I may not be the strongest or the swiftest, but I’ve outsmarted many strong and swift warriors in my day. As for my…tastes, in weaponry. Well, I think that is something I will reveal once it becomes necessary. Besides, the anticipation will give you something to think about, Raiyek.
Les turns to the two she has yet to speak to. “Balth, and Kilbeth, is it? Well you certainly have similar names for two such different people. I am Les, hopefully we can work well together for this short stint.” A minotaur, I like this already. Hopefully his presences, and my own, might cause any stray criminals in the Overgrowth to leave us alone. It sounds like the sort of place that is more used to the rare and exotic than the rest of Daunton. And perhaps because of that they will be more skittish too. I am not too sure about this Kilbeth. Raiyek seems to suspect him of something, but then again that might just be my paranoia. I can only hope that no one here has ulterior motives… This thought causes Les to look at Kilbeth again and a brief flash of suspicion crosses her face. The only other minotaur she’d ever met was a pirate under Captain Frosteye…

Vashik’s tone breaks her trance and the gith follows after him, shooing along anyone in front of her. “Vashik’s right, let’s get out of here.” Once in the main temple, Les stops for a moment. An enigmatic look passes over here eyes like an ephemeral ghost. So….if we are heading out soon, I’ll need some time to get my armor on. I don’t typically like to walk around like a miniature clanking pot.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"Yes, let us be on our way. Do you have your armor with you, Les, or do you have to go fetch it? Does anyone else need to get anything before we depart?" Taking a moment to check his own equipment, the paladin appears to be satisfied that he has all he needs. "If not, I also see no reason to wait." With that, he moves to leave the temple.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases