The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: The time is early afternoon; whether you guys move out now or wait until morning -- or later at night -- is up to you. As for playing a warlord in PbP, just clarify your intentions as best as possible, and we'll muddle through somehow. My character here is a warlord; he usually says things like "Hits AC 22 for 6 damage, and if that's a hit, Stabby McPointystick can make a free basic attack with +3 to damage" or something, and let Stabby's player make the roll. If that gets too confusing we'll try something else, but that's worked okay for me so far.

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Kilbeth nods. "Aye, Les, hopefully. Anyways, No sense in wasting time, I've got everything with me. It seems, though, that some people don't have their things with them. Shall we meet in front of the Hanged Man in, say, 15 minutes?"
With that said, he turns to leave with the paladin, saying to Raiyek, "My story wouldn't interest you, don't worry about it."

ukingsken

First Post
Be quick about it then. Time waits for no one, and I have less of it to waste then you younglings. I will be waiting by the Hanged man.

Vashik turns and continues his quickstepped march away from the church, never slowing as he rounds the corner.

Brutoni

First Post
"The hanged man in 15 minutes, although i believe that it would be beneficial if we first scout the area, although it is well known that orcs have good night vision. Given that some among us have not the best perceptions it may be a good idea to strike while they can see?" Merenwen left the question hanging while she trotted away from the group, heading towards the hanged man.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Lord Sessadore said:
Yes, let us be on our way. Do you have your armor with you, Les, or do you have to go fetch it? Does anyone else need to get anything before we depart?" Taking a moment to check his own equipment, the paladin appears to be satisfied that he has all he needs. "If not, I also see no reason to wait." With that, he moves to leave the temple.

Les nods to Raiyek and shakes her satchel. This shouldn't take me more than ten minutes. I will meet you all by the Hanged Man. You may want to find directions to Overgrowth. I have not been to that part of the city before. With that, the githyanki walks into a nearby alley and begins to re-dress for battle.

[sblock] I'll be sure to make everything clear enough and also provide any bonuses Les is providing in an sblock during battles. Such as her initiative bonus or any + to hit or damage she grants to anyone else. This way both the DM, the other player, and myself can remember what was done and what bonuses are given to whom and against what.
[/sblock]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Larinza offers a quick silent prayer at the alter of Lauto, before rushing off to wait in front of the Hanging Man.

balth

First Post
Fifteen minutes, it is. Balth exits the temple, strolling towards the tavern, lute in hand strumming a mischevious song and winking at the ladies as he strolls down the street. When they see his scar, however, they gasp. He literally changes his tune, to something sounding quite foreign. It's beautiful, but haunting. He stops playing when he arrives at the tavern, straps the lute to his chest, and rests on his haunches, his greencloak spreading around him, as he gets lower to the ground.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek decides to walk back to the Hanged Man with Kilbeth; he finds the minotaur intriguing. "Why are you so sure that your story wouldn't interest me? Unless you mean that you would rather not speak of it. I have been many places in this wide world, but never met a person such as yourself; I'm interested as to what formed you into the person you are."

Once they arrive at the Hanged Man, Raiyek excuses himself for a moment and goes inside. "Excuse me, barkeep?" asks the elf, his voice as smooth as silk. "Would you happen to know how one would get to the Overgrowth? I thought perhaps that the master of an establishment with such varied patrons might know. If not, could you direct me to someone else who might?"

[sblock=Diplomacy]Diplomacy with barkeep: 1d20+9=26.[/sblock]

Last edited:

LightRailCoyote

First Post
Kilbeth looks decidedly uncomfortable as he responds, "Well, I guess it couldn't really hurt...I was raised in the Valley of Bone by a dwarf named Kirsten Forgemaul. I was part of a frontier party for the settlement of Clardenhelt. My companions and i were ambushed and I was not fast enough back to Clardenhelt to save the settlement. Most of the people lived, but the place itself was razed in battle, and Kirsten fell protecting the children. I'm also on the lookout for some kobold slavers who took a child amidst the melee. Kalrun Barrowhelm was his name." He spits this out in a great hurry, then falls quiet as he tries not not to focus on the memories springing up.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Raiyek's joyous expression falls at Kilbeth's hurried tale. By the speed that Kilbeth recited the story, he can tell that these memories pain him. "I'm ... I'm truly sorry. I never thought that your past had been so painful, I didn't mean to make you remember such things. *sigh* I suppose not everyone takes to adventures out of wanderlust," he says, saying the last sentence more to himself than Kilbeth. That, and I had not thought he'd be so open about his past so soon. Truly an exceptional person, I must admit. "Perhaps I'll tell you my tale someday, but to be honest it cannot compare to yours. I notice, though, that you have done your mentor and your home an honour by naming your blades after them. I'm sure Kirsten would be proud."

Knowing the discomfort of reliving unpleasant memories, Raiyek tries to take Kilbeth's mind off of them after a short pause. "But we have a job to do, right? Best not to focus on the past, but on our present. Tell me, do you know of anyone in the area of Daunton known as the Overgrowth?" he asks, genuinely curious.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases