The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew - Page 13





+ Log in or register to post
Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 441
  1. #121
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    OOC: about sblocks and out of character knowledge
    Some DMs get really upset if players read sblocks that aren't intended for them; I've even seen them go so far as to dock XP if they think you're reading things that aren't for you. I think that's ridiculous. This is a game, and anyone that uptight needs to get a life. So I don't really care what sblocks you read.

    That said, I do expect you to keep in-character knowledge separate from out-of-character knowledge. If you learn something by reading an sblock that's not for you, or that you didn't make the check for, I expect you to refrain from metagaming based on that information. You all seem to be good enough players that I don't expect to have to worry about that, but, you know, just keep it in mind.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

 

  • #122
    The gathering occurring around Larinza's position draws Les's attention. She tosses a look in that direction before returning to face Cross. "Should we intervene?" she mouths to the tiefling.

  • #123
    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    The dwarf brightens visibly, and his hand moves away from his axe. "Hoofchew, eh? Is that what that leader of theirs be callin' himself? Suits him. We bin callin' him Swirly, 'cause of all the tattoos he's got on him. Well, now! 'Twould be a gracious favor ye'd be doin' me, if ye were t'give him a permanent reason to be elsewhere. But what makes ye think ye got the weight t'shove him around? No offense, mind; this is pretty and all," he taps Raiyek's plate admiringly, "But Swirly-face, he don't walk alone. He's got a lot of friends, orcs all impressed by them tattoos. I won't be givin' out the site of the Redboots lair to just anyone, even if we don't hold it just now."

    ooc: 11 successes, 4 failures. Just Kilbeth left for this round, I think...
    ooc
    For next round if an action is still needed of me. Diplomacy (1d20+8=12) Well the Dice just arn't with me, hope they're better when we get into a fight.


    "Well, we've got an awful lot of friends ourselves despite no tatoos, and since your not doing any good so far at keeping the orcs out of your hideout, why don't you give us a try at it. We certainly can't do any worse can we?"

  • #124
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    ooc: We'll wait for Kilbeth's check in round 2, I think. That may make your check unnecessary... or it might mean that the challenge hangs on your check. If it comes to that, I'll apply +2 from Cross and Les' little misdirection, and allow one attempt at Aid Another on your diplomacy check.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Raven View Post
    The gathering occurring around Larinza's position draws Les's attention. She tosses a look in that direction before returning to face Cross. "Should we intervene?" she mouths to the tiefling.
    Cross gives a slight shrug, then after a little consideration he gives a nod & gestures with his head toward the gathering...

    Yes. Let's show this dwarf how "pretty" we all can be.

    ...with that, Cross releases the gold coin from his grip to float and twirl about a foot away from his waggling fingers as he & Les walk to join the rest of the group.

    OOC: Sorry, covaithe, I was posting this at the same time you were posting about holding off for Kilbeth's round 2 action.
    Last edited by SeaPainter; Monday, 15th December, 2008 at 11:50 PM.
    Mini Stat

    Cross- Male Tiefling Wizard 1
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 18
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:14 -- Speed:6
    Fire Resistance/5
    HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/8
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers-
    Blood Hunt (+1 vs bloodied foes)
    Magic Missle
    Scorching Burst
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation
    Burning Hands
    Infernal Wrath
    Flaming Sphere

  • #126
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,540
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale


    "Hey! Get away from my pouch ya little dog." Kruk quickly fumbles through his coins to see if they are still all there. "Yes...nothing gone." Kruk shouts to all around, "watch out for those kids, when they're not fight'n, they're steal'n!"

    Kruk then turns to listen to the palidan's conversation with the dwarf.

    "Damn kids" he mutters to himself under his beard.
    Last edited by dimsdale; Tuesday, 16th December, 2008 at 01:08 AM.

  • #127
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738

    Ignore ukingsken
    Seeing the dwarf moving in, Vashik stops attempting to gather information and simply watches the dwarf approach, his hand reaching within his robe to produce a crystaline orb.

    ooc
    Well home for the holidays now, sorry I didnt leave a message about the brief hiatus but I didnt end up getting to a computer before my flight. Anyway I'll be back to regular posting now.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #128
    Kilbeth tries to use his natural senses to find out the truth in the dwarf's words.

    ooc
    Roll: Insight

    1d20+2=19 Big money!

    And covaithe, i made the changes requested (evidently enwiki ate evasive strike for breakfast) but the formatting is weird now. Help with changing that would be appreciated.
    ~The malls are the soon to be ghost towns, well so long, farewell, goodbye...

    Kilbeth Serral, Minotaur Ranger 1: Living 4e

  • #129
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,525

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    ooc
    LRC: Took a quick look at your sheet, I think I know what the problem is. Both Evasive Strike and Goring Charge are labelled as "Power03" - change one of them to "Power04" and you should see both. As for the rest of the summary not getting read properly by the template code, adding another two }'s to the end should solve that problem. Hope that fixes it ... I'm assuming those were the two things you were referring to
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #130
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    Kilbeth, watching the exchange between Raiyek and the red-booted dwarf, realizes that the dwarf's reluctance is mostly posturing to save face. In fact, the Redboots have no hope of being able to drive the orcs out themselves and are desperate for the help, but the dwarf doesn't want to admit it to strangers.

    Kilbeth passes this information quietly to Raiyek and Larinza, and they are able to soothe the dwarf's pride. Cross, Les, Kruk and Vashik cluster around, lending their support, and the dwarf's bushy eyebrows rise with respect.

    "I guess ye got friends too, aye. Well, all right, I'll show ye where these orcs are hiding out. But ye should know that he's got informants among these kids. He might know ye're comin'."

    Just then, Barth and Merenwen emerge from their alley with a surly urchin firmly restrained.

    "Those with ye too? Well, maybe he won't know ye're comin', then. Right. The lair is an old tavern a ways to the northeast. It looks like hell on the outside, but it's pretty well fixed up on the inside. Got a bar an' beds and everything. By night the place is crawling with orcs, an' you can hear all sorts of chantin' and lights and god knows what, but by day it's just Swirly and his closest friends, though he's gettin' more an' more of those all the time."

    The dwarf leads you through a difficult, winding path through alleys and crumbling buildings, finally emerging into a little cul-de-sac. All of the buildings here look to be on the verge of collapse, and without his help it would be difficult to tell that any of them was more than just a pile of scrap waiting for a stiff breeze.

    The building he points out has two stories, with empty windows spaced evenly around the upper floor. The ground floor features closed doors at the front and back, and two large boarded-up windows on the front.

    ooc
    And the skill challenge ends with success, meaning that in addition to XP, you get the drop on Hoofchew. Feel free to scout or discuss tactics or whatever. I'll try to get a map up soon.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 13 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 10:02 PM
    2. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 05:03 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 06:38 AM
    4. Hoofchew: Behind the scenes
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Monday, 9th March, 2009, 11:51 PM
    5. long long post about my system of choice problem...
      By Spell in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th September, 2005, 09:44 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •