The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew - Page 14


What's on your mind?

  1. #131
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    153
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore balth
    Balth scans the windows that look down on the street, trying to find any lookouts. He slowly and carefully makes his way around the building, trying to find any information he can relay to the others.


    OOC

    Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post

    Just then, Barth and Merenwen emerge from their alley with a surly urchin firmly restrained.
    My friends tend to do this all the time. Everybody gets one.
    私はん異本銀じゃないですよ!w〜 Balth Otherwise, I sound like a root beer with a lisp.
    Signature


    Check out my new iPhone app iNit, the only Initiative Tracker for the iPhone/iPod touch! Every DM should have it!

 

  • #132
    Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by balth View Post
    My friends tend to do this all the time. Everybody gets one.
    Oops.

    In other news, I read your post several times before realizing that "My friends tend to do this all the time. Everybody gets one," did not refer to "emerge from their alley with a surly urchin firmly restrained." The imagination runs wild.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #133
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dawn Raven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    212
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dawn Raven
    My communities:

    The area looked quiet and no guards were apparent. If anything, Les was certain that Hoofchew had no idea he was about to be ambushed. She watches Balth move out and shakes her head, not even a word to the others first. He'd have to be watched. She glances to Raiyek and then to Kilbeth and Merenwen. The gith points to both of them and then motions towards Balth. You two are sneaky, no? The three of you should scout ahead. If you find good sniping positions, take them up. Send Kilbeth back with news of what you see. It'd be nice to know how many of these orcs we're looking at.

  • #134
    Kilbeth nods silently at Les and Meren, then lopes off as silently as possible, looking for a good place for Merenwen to hide and take potshots.

    OOC

    Stealth = 1d20+7=27
    Perception = 1d20+9=11
    ~The malls are the soon to be ghost towns, well so long, farewell, goodbye...

    Kilbeth Serral, Minotaur Ranger 1: Living 4e

  • #135
    Registered User
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,580
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    While trying to stay out of sight with the rest of those who aren't out scouting, Raiyek tries to keep an eye out for any possible trouble for the scouting party. Despite not being able to move around, he finds a good location where a hole in the wall of one of the buildings near Hoofchew's lair affords him a rather good view. Any suspicious activity he sees he relays to the rest of those waiting.

    "So do either of you wizards have any useful spells we might want to use before we strike? I think now would be the time." he asks Cross and Vashik.

    ooc
    Perception: 1d20+10=25.
    In case Covaithe deems it necessary - Stealth: 1d20-2=14.
    Last edited by Lord Sessadore; Tuesday, 16th December, 2008 at 10:29 PM.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #136
    Registered User
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    dimsdale's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    illinois
    Posts
    3,546
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries
    1

    Ignore dimsdale
    kruk scans the area as well looking for any possible trouble that may take place against the scouting party

    roll

    Roll Lookup perception roll = 16
    Last edited by dimsdale; Wednesday, 17th December, 2008 at 12:17 AM.

  • #137
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    ukingsken's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Valley, NS, Canada
    Posts
    738
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore ukingsken
    My communities:

    Vashik looks around at his companions and mutters to himself.

    Skulking is not the work of wizards. Let me know when you require my skills.
    2+2=4 Fate is certain.
    LEB Judge Circa 2009

    My Chracters
    L4W Characters

    Vashik One Eye
    Verrigath Hazzire (Pending Approval)

    LEB Characters

    Cleaver d'Deneith

    Other Characters

    Orim Tyudik


  • #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Sessadore View Post
    While trying to stay out of sight with the rest of those who aren't out scouting, Raiyek tries to keep an eye out for any possible trouble for the scouting party. Despite not being able to move around, he finds a good location where a hole in the wall of one of the buildings near Hoofchew's lair affords him a rather good view. Any suspicious activity he sees he relays to the rest of those waiting.

    "So do either of you wizards have any useful spells we might want to use before we strike? I think now would be the time." he asks Cross and Vashik.

    ooc
    Perception: 1d20+10=25.
    In case Covaithe deems it necessary - Stealth: 1d20-2=14.
    Cross muses aloud, "Well, Sir Knight... I do recall a ritual, with which I could prepare a room or area so no sound would escape. I suppose if the tacticians find a spot for an ambush, I could insulate it against sound... though that could be a double-edged sword."
    Mini Stat

    Cross- Male Tiefling Wizard 1
    Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 18
    AC:15, Fort:12, Reflex:14, Will:14 -- Speed:6
    Fire Resistance/5
    HP:25/25, Bloodied:12, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/8
    Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used
    Powers-
    Blood Hunt (+1 vs bloodied foes)
    Magic Missle
    Scorching Burst
    Ghost Sound
    Light
    Mage Hand
    Prestidigitation
    Burning Hands
    Infernal Wrath
    Flaming Sphere

  • #139
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    "I don't know if that is such a good idea or not, it could lead us into a ambush ourselves. But it could work to our advantage. I'm not experienced with magic, my grandfather never cared for it. What do the rest of you think?"

  • #140
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dawn Raven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    212
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dawn Raven
    My communities:

    Les watches the scouts go ahead and nods to herself. Hopefully they won't be noticed. If they were, this would be much messier than it had to be. She found it hard to trust three people she had only met but a few hours ago. However, there was nothing she could do about it. The gith turns to the conversation at hand and moves up to the others.

    "Then I hope you are not the same as your grandfather. Using whatever tools are on hand is key to victory. Silence could be very useful, but we must wait to see what the place looks like before hand. It will not prove very useful to eliminate sound if they can all see one another anyway."

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 11:02 PM
    2. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 06:03 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 07:38 AM
    4. Hoofchew: Behind the scenes
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th March, 2009, 12:51 AM
    5. long long post about my system of choice problem...
      By Spell in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th September, 2005, 10:44 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •