The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew - Page 2


What's on your mind?

+ Log in or register to post
Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 441
  1. #11
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Shell Knob, MO
    Posts
    153
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore balth
    The door opens, and the sunlight from the street pours in. An elf with golden hair and a greenish cloak with lighter green leather armor enters. A hardwood lute is strapped to his chest. That's rather...odd. Is he in the wrong place? As the door closes, you can see that a rather large and noticable scar runs from his chin across his face and up into his hairline.

    When he speaks it is a reserved, gentle voice.

    "I do beg pardon, but the bartender at the Tavern said there was an adventuring party forming, and that I should come bid welcome. My name is Baltharial Landdowin Brinjairrand. Balth for short, if you prefer. I would like to commit the aid of my bow to assist in your task."

    After listening to the sage, he wonders to himself whether this is an enlightened task; but after his recent days, some silver in his pocket would be good for him.

    As the sage asks for questions, the only one he can muster is, "Where shall we look, and when do we start?"

    He glances around the bookshelves and stacks of paper, trying not to be noticed, but to see if there's anything he can glean about this place they're going.



    Perception
    1d20+11=15 Looks like I'm joining you in contributing to the bad early rolls LOL


    OOC
    Thank you for the invite

    Last edited by balth; Tuesday, 9th December, 2008 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Had to find code for sblock

 

  • #12
    "Kilbeth Serral, ranger and scout.", The minotaur says quickly as he strides into the room. "From what I hear, you have a welcher on a debt. I'd be glad to help you recover your lost gold." He then stands silently, listening to the officious Brother Laicos, inspecting his company.



  • #13
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    41
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Brutoni
    Merenwen turns her attention to the new group, she is still lurking somewhat in the shadows. She studies the new elf, at last another member with ranged ability. A longbow is his choice of weapon as well, so not only ranged ability but possibly very capable ranged ability. She continues her check of the other party members, all the while really focusing on the priest and his room in an attempt to either percieve some useful object or sense if his motives are true. Dealing with the would be dead is not something she is going to relish and knowing as much about your prey is always preferable.

    OOC:
    Roll Lookup, roll of 12 for perception.... 2 ftw.
    Insight :1d20+3[11,3] =(14) Roll Lookup

    Finally how do i do those neat little attachments that you guys do Would make everything so much more tidy.

  • #14
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)

    Dawn Raven's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    212
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Dawn Raven
    My communities:

    Les leans over to Raiyek and whispers quietly to him loud enough so that Cross or Vashik might overhear but no others. Well, I suppose more is better...although I've never seen some of these faces before. What do you think of this Overgrowth area? It seems like traveling through will be hard enough...

    Cold eyes turn to the two newcomers and turn up slightly at the corners. A brief nod is given to both the elf and the minotaur. Kilbeth's proclaimation draws a frown. Speaking of which... Les turns back to Laucos and demands in a strong voice, "You want us to bring back Hoofchew's head. But anything else found on him or his followers is ours, correct? You made no mention of returning any payments to the Church.

  • #15
    ooc
    Quote Originally Posted by Brutoni View Post
    -snip-

    Finally how do i do those neat little attachments that you guys do Would make everything so much more tidy.
    using (sblock=blah) and (/sblock), replacing parentheses with brackets.

    see?
    Isn't it magical?
    Last edited by LightRailCoyote; Tuesday, 9th December, 2008 at 03:56 AM. Reason: had to make post OOC

  • #16
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,567
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Raven View Post
    Les leans over to Raiyek and whispers quietly to him loud enough so that Cross or Vashik might overhear but no others. Well, I suppose more is better...although I've never seen some of these faces before. What do you think of this Overgrowth area? It seems like traveling through will be hard enough...
    Raiyek whispers back in kind, "Me neither ... and where did Kruk get to? I thought he was right behind us... I've never heard of or been to this Overgrowth, but it sounds like the kind of place we might find more trouble than just Hoofchew's followers. Speaking of trouble, shouldn't you get your armor and weapons at some point?"

    Turning to the newcomers, the paladin introduces himself and the rest of those present. "Greetings. I am Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys. Here also are Les, Cross, Vashik, Merenwen, and Larinza," indicating each in turn. "Your offers of assistance are appreciated." Smiling as he goes into a graceful bow, Raiyek surreptitiously examines the newcomers and thinks them over. Another elf, and this one from the Imperium by his accent. He's more of a risk than Merenwen. And a minotaur scout ... never thought I'd hear of such a thing. We certainly have assembled a motley group here, heh.

    ooc
    @Brutoni: if you want to see the specific coding for how someone did something, hit the Quote button.

    @Brutoni & balth: just RPing about the paranoia and awkwardness, no worries. Feel free to read Raiyek's background if you want to know why

    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #17
    "..." Kilbeth bristled at being left out of the roster, but was too shy to speak up.

  • #18
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Lord Sessadore's Avatar

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Saskatoon, SK, Canada
    Posts
    2,567
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

    Ignore Lord Sessadore
    My communities:

    ooc
    Sorry Coyote - I guess I wasn't clear in my last post. Raiyek was addressing both Kilbeth and Balth both as the 'newcomers', since the rest of the characters here have met each other, at least briefly.
    Edit: Also, a shy minotaur?! Wow, I really have to read your background now!
    Thinking that it would be best if the group were somewhat acquainted with each other's abilities before they started pursuing Hoofchew, Raiyek tries to stir up some friendly conversation. "It seems we have quite the group here. A pair of wizards," glancing at Cross and Vashik, "a pair of archers," with a nod to Merenwen and Balth, "and, I believe, four warriors of a more up-front approach, including myself, it would seem," the paladin finishes with a look at Kilbeth, Les, and Larinza. "So now, what exactly is it that each of us are skilled at on the battlefield? Myself, I specialize in holding the enemy's attention and staying alive more than anything else, and Palladys has also gifted me with some healing powers. What of the rest of you? I'm interested to see how our various styles will mix."
    Last edited by Lord Sessadore; Tuesday, 9th December, 2008 at 06:35 AM.
    Current and past PbP: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4853360-post58.html

  • #19
    Member SILVER SUBSCRIBER
    Scout (Lvl 6)

    DarwinofMind's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Ponca City, Oklahoma
    Posts
    2,312
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    I Defended The Walls!

    Ignore DarwinofMind
    My communities:

    "I am skilled in the ways of the sword, and tactics. With the right tactics and the right inspiring words a group can overcome any odds. I'm here to lend my arm, and my words."

    Larinza looks about the now very large group, wondering if she can really provide tactics for this many all at once, supposing she'll have to choose to devote her attention to a few at a time.

    She tosses her hair and adjusts her bootstraps, aggitated by the waiting.

  • #20
    ooc
    no worries sessadore, i got it. Kilbeth is just fraught with social awkwardness. And he's kind of quiet. I, unlike him, got the gist of what you were saying.


    Kilbeth gestured at his swords. "I'm fast, and Kristen and Clardenhelt will drop foes quite quickly.", his quiet voice belying the strength of his frame.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Replies: 322
      Last Post: Thursday, 6th May, 2010, 11:02 PM
    2. The Temple of Lauto
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 100
      Last Post: Thursday, 21st January, 2010, 06:03 PM
    3. The Long Arm of Lauto:Broken Wards (DM:Ukingsken)
      By ukingsken in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 281
      Last Post: Thursday, 17th September, 2009, 07:38 AM
    4. Hoofchew: Behind the scenes
      By covaithe in forum Living 4th Edition
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: Tuesday, 10th March, 2009, 12:51 AM
    5. long long post about my system of choice problem...
      By Spell in forum General RPG Discussion
      Replies: 45
      Last Post: Wednesday, 28th September, 2005, 10:44 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •