The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

balth

First Post
The door opens, and the sunlight from the street pours in. An elf with golden hair and a greenish cloak with lighter green leather armor enters. A hardwood lute is strapped to his chest. That's rather...odd. Is he in the wrong place? As the door closes, you can see that a rather large and noticable scar runs from his chin across his face and up into his hairline.

When he speaks it is a reserved, gentle voice.

"I do beg pardon, but the bartender at the Tavern said there was an adventuring party forming, and that I should come bid welcome. My name is Baltharial Landdowin Brinjairrand. Balth for short, if you prefer. I would like to commit the aid of my bow to assist in your task."

After listening to the sage, he wonders to himself whether this is an enlightened task; but after his recent days, some silver in his pocket would be good for him.

As the sage asks for questions, the only one he can muster is, "Where shall we look, and when do we start?"

He glances around the bookshelves and stacks of paper, trying not to be noticed, but to see if there's anything he can glean about this place they're going.

Balth.jpg

[sblock=Perception]1d20+11=15 Looks like I'm joining you in contributing to the bad early rolls LOL[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]Thank you for the invite :)[/sblock]
Balth.jpg

Last edited:

LightRailCoyote

First Post
"Kilbeth Serral, ranger and scout.", The minotaur says quickly as he strides into the room. "From what I hear, you have a welcher on a debt. I'd be glad to help you recover your lost gold." He then stands silently, listening to the officious Brother Laicos, inspecting his company.

[sblock=Perception]
Perception (1d20+9=15)[/sblock]

Brutoni

First Post
Merenwen turns her attention to the new group, she is still lurking somewhat in the shadows. She studies the new elf, at last another member with ranged ability. A longbow is his choice of weapon as well, so not only ranged ability but possibly very capable ranged ability. She continues her check of the other party members, all the while really focusing on the priest and his room in an attempt to either percieve some useful object or sense if his motives are true. Dealing with the would be dead is not something she is going to relish and knowing as much about your prey is always preferable.

OOC:
Roll Lookup, roll of 12 for perception.... 2 ftw.
Insight :1d20+3[11,3] =(14) Roll Lookup

Finally how do i do those neat little attachments that you guys do :) Would make everything so much more tidy.

Dawn Raven

First Post
Les leans over to Raiyek and whispers quietly to him loud enough so that Cross or Vashik might overhear but no others. Well, I suppose more is better...although I've never seen some of these faces before. What do you think of this Overgrowth area? It seems like traveling through will be hard enough...

Cold eyes turn to the two newcomers and turn up slightly at the corners. A brief nod is given to both the elf and the minotaur. Kilbeth's proclaimation draws a frown. Speaking of which... Les turns back to Laucos and demands in a strong voice, "You want us to bring back Hoofchew's head. But anything else found on him or his followers is ours, correct? You made no mention of returning any payments to the Church.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Les leans over to Raiyek and whispers quietly to him loud enough so that Cross or Vashik might overhear but no others. Well, I suppose more is better...although I've never seen some of these faces before. What do you think of this Overgrowth area? It seems like traveling through will be hard enough...
Raiyek whispers back in kind, "Me neither ... and where did Kruk get to? I thought he was right behind us... I've never heard of or been to this Overgrowth, but it sounds like the kind of place we might find more trouble than just Hoofchew's followers. Speaking of trouble, shouldn't you get your armor and weapons at some point?"

Turning to the newcomers, the paladin introduces himself and the rest of those present. "Greetings. I am Raiyek Meliam, paladin of Palladys. Here also are Les, Cross, Vashik, Merenwen, and Larinza," indicating each in turn. "Your offers of assistance are appreciated." Smiling as he goes into a graceful bow, Raiyek surreptitiously examines the newcomers and thinks them over. Another elf, and this one from the Imperium by his accent. He's more of a risk than Merenwen. And a minotaur scout ... never thought I'd hear of such a thing. We certainly have assembled a motley group here, heh.

[sblock=ooc]@Brutoni: if you want to see the specific coding for how someone did something, hit the Quote button.

@Brutoni & balth: just RPing about the paranoia and awkwardness, no worries. Feel free to read Raiyek's background if you want to know why ;)[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Sorry Coyote - I guess I wasn't clear in my last post. Raiyek was addressing both Kilbeth and Balth both as the 'newcomers', since the rest of the characters here have met each other, at least briefly.
Edit: Also, a shy minotaur?! Wow, I really have to read your background now! ;)[/sblock]Thinking that it would be best if the group were somewhat acquainted with each other's abilities before they started pursuing Hoofchew, Raiyek tries to stir up some friendly conversation. "It seems we have quite the group here. A pair of wizards," glancing at Cross and Vashik, "a pair of archers," with a nod to Merenwen and Balth, "and, I believe, four warriors of a more up-front approach, including myself, it would seem," the paladin finishes with a look at Kilbeth, Les, and Larinza. "So now, what exactly is it that each of us are skilled at on the battlefield? Myself, I specialize in holding the enemy's attention and staying alive more than anything else, and Palladys has also gifted me with some healing powers. What of the rest of you? I'm interested to see how our various styles will mix."

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"I am skilled in the ways of the sword, and tactics. With the right tactics and the right inspiring words a group can overcome any odds. I'm here to lend my arm, and my words."

Larinza looks about the now very large group, wondering if she can really provide tactics for this many all at once, supposing she'll have to choose to devote her attention to a few at a time.

She tosses her hair and adjusts her bootstraps, aggitated by the waiting.

LightRailCoyote

First Post
[sblock=ooc] no worries sessadore, i got it. Kilbeth is just fraught with social awkwardness. And he's kind of quiet. I, unlike him, got the gist of what you were saying.[/sblock]

Kilbeth gestured at his swords. "I'm fast, and Kristen and Clardenhelt will drop foes quite quickly.", his quiet voice belying the strength of his frame.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases