The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Merry Christmas everyone! :D I hope you all enjoy your (hopefully) day off and turkey or whatnot, even if you don't celebrate Christmas per se. ;)

About the game, I realize that Raiyek goes after the three on the other side of the tavern; if one of them should choose to go after O4 that's fine with me, I'll switch actions if O4 is no longer around when it does get to Raiyek's turn. Just thought I'd post something in case things moved forward today. I would've liked to challenge Hoofchew himself, but I couldn't figure out a way to do it that didn't involve dropping my sword or trying to leap the bar (DC 15 is hard to reach with a -1 Athletics ;)). Hopefully next round ;)[/sblock]

LightRailCoyote

First Post
With a roar, Kilbeth moves into the room, and, spotting an orc, levels Kristen at him, yelling, "MINE!" As he charges.

[sblock=actions]
Move action: From D7 to J8
Minor action: Mark orc 7
Standard: Charge from J8 to J10 and basic attack (+1 to hit from charge)

Rolls:looks like 17 to hit and 11 to dmg
[/sblock]
Happy holidays, y'all.

SeaPainter

First Post
His companions charging into battle all around him... the violence of battle & death calls to the hellish fire deep within Cross, and sets his demonic blood to a boil. He strides boldly into the room, and turns to face off against Hoofchew and his guards. Cross's eyes go from silver to red as he thrusts out his charred staff and snarls FUEGO!!!!!!

[sblock=OOC]Cross moves from FF13 to Z13, and casts flaming sphere at Hoofchew (preferably centered on square W8)
1d20+5=24 vs Ref, Roll Lookup and 2d6+5=12 for damage, Roll Lookup [/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
After breaking down the door, Kruk turns to his right and attempts to jump the bar in order to engage with the gaurd south of HC. With a loud scream he leaps...."YEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHHHH"

[sblock=ooc]
initiative roll = 6

athletics roll = 1D20+7 = 24

[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]
DM, should I wait until I'm told that it is my turn before I explain what I'm going to do? This is my first real combat :]
[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
SeaPainter; Cross es de Espana o Mexico? :lol:
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC answer]Honestly?... I'm a fan of the Harry Dresden novels, by Jim Butcher, and that's what Harry says every time he uses one of his fire evocations. So I suppose the truth is I stole it:eek:... but I prefer to think of it as an "homage";)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Quick results: Merenwen and Kilbeth hit, killing orcs 7 and 8. Raiyek misses. I'm waiting for an action from Les. As for posting out of turn, I don't mind, but depending on how events play out, you may have to change your action by the time your turn arrives.

ukingsken

First Post
[sblock=OOC]happy holidays everyone. My actions for this round will be up in a few hours once im home instead of on a boat using my iPod touch LOL.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Round 1

Merenwen rushes through, bow drawn to survey the situation. She sees the orc on the left and one further to the right. She moves closer towards the left one, pounding the table to get his attention. It works, as it turns and snarls. She grins as she pulls the bow up, leveling it at his face. She looses the arrow, and in one swift motion, reaches over her shoulder, nocks another arrow and lets it fly, as well. The first arrow buries itself in the table, but the second arrow strikes true, and the orc dies without ever rising from his seat. (ooc: first misses due to cover, second hits. O8 dies.)

Les watches as the battle unfolds before her. Her eyes narrow as Merenwen's arrow goes flying and her feet move into action. She dashes forward across the field and yells encouragement to the others. "Alright so plan B--Kill 'em all fast!" She swings her chain across her body like a sinuous dancer. The spikes fly forward with a hiss through the air aiming for the face of the orc. With a sickening crunch, they strike home, and there is one less orc standing against you. (ooc: basic melee attack(?) hits O7; O7 dies.)

With a roar, Kilbeth moves into the room, and, spotting an orc, levels Kristen at him, yelling, "MINE!" as he charges. Kristen spits the orc like a roast boar, but to Kilbeth's surprise, the orc, eyes wide with fury, pulls itself along the blade for one last strike. It is a feeble one, though, that Kilbeth easily parries. The orc stiffens on his blade and falls, eyes vacant. (ooc: I changed targets to O2, since O7 is dead. If that's a problem, let me know. Charge hits, kills O2. O2's dying attack misses.)

Raiyek rushes through the door before the orcs can react, charging up to an orc near the middle of the tavern. As he runs he shouts at the orc, "By Palladys, your days are at an end!" But it is not to be the case, as the paladin's blow falls wide.

At last, the orcs begin to react to the invaders. The two orcs near Kilbeth and Raiyek take up clubs and swing them viciously. Both blows connect. (O1 attacks Kilbeth and hits for 4 damage. O4 attacks Raiyek and hits for 4 damage. rolls)

The stairs pound as one of the orcs from above comes running down, club ready, but is unable to reach a target.

Balth, Larinza, and Vashik act next...

[sblock=Initiative and status]

Merenwen unharmed
Les unharmed
Kilbeth 27/31
Raiyek 23/27
Orc grunts (3 remaining)
Balth unharmed
Larinza unharmed
Vashik unharmed
Orc Guard G1 unharmed
Orc Guard G2 unharmed
Orc Guard G3 unharmed
Hoofchew 18 damage, 5 ongoing acid damage (save ends)
Kruk unharmed
Cross unharmed

Resources used:
* Vashik: Acid Arrow
[/sblock]

[sblock=map]
Code:
   A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z AABBCCDDEEFFGGHHIIJJKK
==============================================================================
01| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
02| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
03| . . . .W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
04| . . . .W. .T. . . . .T. . . . .T. . . . . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
05| . . . .W.[COLOR=yellow]M[/COLOR].T. . . . .T. . . .O1T. . . . .x.G2 . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
06| . . . .D. . . . . . . . . .[COLOR=yellow]Ki[/COLOR] . . . . . .x. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
07| . . . .D. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x.HC . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
08| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .x. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
09| . . . .W. . .T. . . .T. . .T. . . .T. . .x.G1 . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
10| . . . .W. . .T. .[COLOR=yellow]Le[/COLOR] .T. . .T.O4 . .T. . .x. .[COLOR=yellow]La[/COLOR] . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
11| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . .[COLOR=yellow]R[/COLOR]. . . . .x.x.x.x.x.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
12| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .D.[COLOR=yellow]Kr[/COLOR] . . .[COLOR=yellow]B[/COLOR]. . . . . .|
13| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .D. . . . .[COLOR="Yellow"]C[/COLOR]. . . . . .|
14| . . . .W. . .T. . . . . . .T. . .T. .T. . . . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
15| . . . .W. . .T. . . . . . .T. . .T. .T. . . . . .O6W. . . . . . . . . . .|
16| . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .s.s.s.W. .[COLOR="Yellow"]V[/COLOR]. . . . . . . . .|
17| . . . .W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
18| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
19| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
20| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
21| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
22| . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
23| . . . .W.W. . .W.W.W.W.W. . .W.W.W.W. . .W.W. . .W.W. . . . . . . . . . .|
24| . . . . . . . . .T.T. . . . .G3T.T. . . .T.T. . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
25| . . . . . . . . .T.T. . . . . .T.T. . . .T.T. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|
26| . . . .W.T.T. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .T.T. . . . . . . . . . . .|
27| . . . .W. . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|
28| . . . . . . . . .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. . . . .W. . . . . . . . . . .|