The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
ooc: I believe Raiyek should have 26/27 hp because he could see Larinza when he used his action point, due to her Inspiring Presence. Also, just a suggestion, but perhaps you could colour the orcs on the map a different colour, like you did for the PCs? Just to make it easier to pick out the orcs' positions, not a big deal.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Whoops, you're right about Raiyek; I'll edit. I might as well put in colors for the orcs while I'm at it. As for stealth and perception... When the sniper hides, he makes a stealth check. If he beats your passive perception, you don't see him. This last time, I didn't bother rolling the check, because he backed away from the edge, meaning no one has line of sight to him. I suppose if you prefer I could roll the stealth check anyway with a bonus for total concealment, so that you might hear him. Making an active perception check to get another chance after he's already beaten your passive perception... the rules aren't clear on this, but the PHB p.186 suggests that it should be at least a standard action, if not longer. I'd allow it as a standard action. In any case, a 12 fails. :)

ukingsken

First Post
Could these beasts make any more noise while dying? The stench itself is foul enough.

As Vashik continues to snarl and curse under his breath he moves further into the building (move action to Y13 I believe) and spins his fingers through another incantation with dexterity that seems uncommon for someone of his age.

[sblock=Magic Missle]Magic Missle Attack & Damage (1d20+5=20, 2d4+5=10)[/sblock]

[Sblock=OOC]HAPPY NEW YEARS FROM NEW BRUNSWICK CANADA EVERYONE!!![/SBLOCK]

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Seeing the second guard close in on her Larinza spins furiously swinging her sword at him
"No, Not like this, you are not worthy to end me, because I know there is more for me. We WILL triumpt today!"

[sblock="combat"]Larinza will use Bastion of Defense Daily Power on G2
Bastion of Defense Attack Roll (1d20+6=14)
Bastion of Defense Damage Roll (3d8+4=12)
If by some chance that hits, every ally within 5 squares which should be all except Merenwen and Les will get a +1 to all defenses for the rest of the encounter. Regardless of it hitting or not the same group gets 8 Temp hit points. (Do I count as my own ally?) [/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
The sizzle of meat on a spit can be heard faintly over the roaring of arcane fire, and the smell of roasting orc begins to fill the abandoned tavern...

[sblock=Flaming Sphere (begining of HC's & G2's turn damage)]Hoofchew: 1d4+5=8 (Roll Lookup)

Guard #2: 1d4+5=9 (Roll Lookup)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Who is Vashik's target? G2 again? Larinza does not get the temp HP from Bastion of Defense; from PHB p.57: "When a power’s target entry specifies that it affects you and one or more of your allies, then you can take
advantage of the power’s effect along with your teammates. Otherwise, “ally” or “allies” does not include you, and both terms assume willing targets." Given that, does Larinza want to take a move and/or minor action?

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Also, don't forget that Larinza takes 5 poison damage at the start of her turn, and needs to make two saves at the end of her turn (one for the AC penalty, one for the ongoing poison damage).

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
"Come on, I can do this Grandpa would be ashamed to see me fall to an orc, get back up." Larinza wisphers to herself.

[sblock="OOC"] Yes, Given that, Larinza will use a minor action for Inspriing Word to get her health back up into reasonable ranges. I'm gonna stay in the fight though.

Total HP gained from Inspiring Word (1d6+6=11)

And the Saves.
Save vs. AC Penalty, Save vs. Poison (1d20=9, 1d20=1)

Thank you for your help with the rules. Still learning.
[/sblock]

OOC: Invisble Castle HATES Larinza

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
After Kruk missed G1 he looks the orc in the eyes and states "Well well well orcy, you've got a problem don't ya. Do you want a piece of me (Kruk grins insanely) or do you attack Larinza. Either way, you're mine!" Kruk grips his battle axe tightly preparing his next move.

ooc: when it is his turn of course ;)

[sblock=ooc]
Is using my healing skill on Larinza considered a minor action?
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases