The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Dawn Raven

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Darwin, I will heal you so don't worry about it. I'm up in a few turns and before any of the enemies. [/sblock]

Les calls out to Larinza and scolds the girl. "Get your act in gear, woman! We need you up and fighting, not pulling punches. You're stronger than that!"

The gith then strides up to the bar and leaps atop it while swinging her chain around in circles. She lets out a shrieking warcry followed by a crazed cackle. "Prepare for death, infidels! Those of you smart enough should drop your weapons now if you do not want to face the infernal fires of the Abyss! Your souls belong to Lauto and we shall send you wrapped in the steel of our arms!"

Les swings her weapon across her body, letting it spiral around her like a serpent covered in dangerous barbs. Her eyes are wide and bloodshot, her mouth turned in a half-grin and her pointed teeth glinting in the low light of the tavern. Despite what she says about the orcs giving up, she shows no signs of mercy on her person. She concentrates her inner strength and calls upon her reserves to swing outward at Hoofchew. Her chain whispers through the air as it strikes outward, the large, curbed barbes on the end scything towards the orc shaman. Les aims for the legs, trying to distract the cursed one and trip him up.

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Leap onto the bar. Athletics: http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1877623/][/font]28
Move: Move to u7 or v7 to be on top of the bar. It should place me 1 square away from Hoofchew, letting my reach weapon attack.
Minor: Inspiring Word on Larinza: Surge +1d6 health
BURN ACTION POINT: Viper Strike: 13 *Damn!*
[/sblock]

[sblock=Mini Stats]Les Ghentel – Female Githyanki Warlord 1
Passive Insight 9 | Passive Perception 9
AC 16 | Fort 15 | Ref 13 | Will 13
HP: 20/24 Bloodied: 12| Surges: 8/8 | AP: 0 | Second Wind: Not used
Effects
Combat Leader: +2 Initiative
+2 Charm Saves
Tactical Presence:

Powers:
Commander’s Strike
Viper’s Strike
Inspiring Word 1/2 [per encounter]
Warlord’s Favor
Telekinetic Leap
Bastion of Defense[/sblock]

SeaPainter

First Post
[sblock=Actions]Minor: Sustain flaming sphere (F.S.)
Move: Move F.S. from 7X to 7Z
Std: Attack G2 with F.S.
Burn Action Point: Ranged Basic Attack (Magic Missle) vs Hoofchew[/sblock]

Cross growls quietly under his breath, cursing the elf knight for forcing him to move his flames... with a slight sweep of his staff he directs them around behind the burned & battered guard that has nearly felled his human companion.
[sblock=Flaming Spere vs G2]Move: 7X to 7Z
Att: 1d20+5 vs Ref=17 (is there an additional bonus for flanking?), Roll Lookup
Dam: 2d6+5=14, Roll Lookup [/sblock]
His eyes once again turn to red, and a feral grin splits his face as he sees the tendrils and flames move to engulf the orc.

After, seeing Larinza's valiant heroics, Cross feels a strength wash over him... he is renewed, and refuses to let this moment pass. "Fear not, Algaehoofs, you've not escaped my judgement" he states, and pointing the head of his staff at Hoofchew declares "BARAK!"... sending a twisted ram's head, of pure eldritch force, hurtling toward the orc shaman.
[sblock=Magic Missle vs Hoofchew]Att: 1d20+4 vs Ref=24, Roll Lookup
Roll for Crit: 1d20+4=12, Roll Lookup
Dam: 2d4+4=9, Roll Lookup [/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
ooc: What kind of defensive bonuses is that sniper getting from being prone up there on the balcony, if someone were to make a ranged attack at him from ground level? He is really starting to get on my nerves, haha.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: What kind of defensive bonuses is that sniper getting from being prone up there on the balcony, if someone were to make a ranged attack at him from ground level? He is really starting to get on my nerves, haha.

ooc: :angel: He gets +2 to all defenses against ranged attacks from non-adjacent enemies from being prone (PHB p.277) and attacks against him are made at -2 penalty due to cover from the floor/ceiling. (PHB p.280) So effectively he's at +4 to all defenses at the moment, against enemies on the ground floor and who can see him. (Those in row 6 or farther north don't have line of effect at all.)

dimsdale

First Post
Seems that Merenwen has not posted in a wihile.

Raiyek posted Merenwen's move last round. I suggest the same move (twin strike ranged attack) this round, only the new target being HC. Any objections?

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
ooc: I was thinking the same for Merenwen, or using nimble strike to shoot that stupid sniper and get back under the balcony ;) However, since I posted her action last time, I thought I'd let someone else do it this time ... or perhaps she'll come back soon.

As Raiyek weathers attacks from Hoofchew, taking a gash from the shaman's spear, he recites a quick prayer to his goddess. "Palladys, grant my ally Larinza the steel of your resolve." Hoping that his prayer will grant her some reprieve, the elf turns his full attention back to Hoofchew. "You are becoming a supreme annoyance, orc," he utters through clenched teeth. As he focuses on his target, he notes the weaknesses in his defenses and how best to take advantage of them. With a deft lunging feint, the paladin sets Hoofchew up for a backhand slash across the orc's torso. "Ha ha!" laughs the paladin in the face of his adversary, shaking off the debilitating fear that struck him mere seconds ago.
[sblock=Actions]Minor: use 'Channel Divinity: Divine Mettle' to grant Larinza a save with a +2 bonus. Should I roll the save, or should I leave it for Darwin or covaithe?
Move: sub for minor. Use Hunter's Quarry on Hoofchew (he remains my quarry until the end of my next turn).
Standard: Holy Strike vs. Hoofchew: 1d20+6=24 vs. AC, 1d8+6=9 radiant damage. Finally, a hit! :D
Hunter's Quarry damage: 1d6=2, for a total of 11 damage.

Save vs. -4 AC: 1d20=11. Wow, this seems to be my round! :)[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stats]Raiyek Meliam - Male Elf Paladin 1
Passive Insight 18 | Passive Perception 20
AC 20 | Fort 14 | Ref 15 | Will 14
HP: 26/27 | Surges: 11/11 | AP: 0 | Second Wind: Not used
Effects:
Group Awareness: non-elf allies within 5 squares gain +1 racial bonus to Perception.

Powers:
Holy Strike
Valiant Strike
Lay on Hands (3/3)
Divine Challenge
Piercing Smite
Channel Divinity
Elven Accuracy
Hunter's Quarry
Paladin's Judgment[/sblock]

Last edited:

dimsdale

First Post
ooc: I was thinking the same for Merenwen, or using nimble strike to shoot that stupid sniper and get back under the balcony ;) However, since I posted her action last time, I thought I'd let someone else do it this time ... or perhaps she'll come back soon.

ooc: I like your (Raiyek) idea of Merenwen's move better. I'll do the post this time around.

Merenwen is not able to see the sniper. I'm thinking that she could use the evasive attack to get in position.

Merenwen has noticed twice the sniper's attacks and is in a positition to put an end to them. Merenwen, realizing she has no clear shot moves to performs an evasive stike and screams "Die orc!":

[sblock=actions]
attack: evasive strike (Merenwen moves to M9 before firing the arrow: (4 spots granted before the attack 1 + WIS MOD +3): 1D20+6-4(sniper bonus) vs AC = 11

damage 2D10+4 = 7

wow: my rolls are terrible
[/sblock]

ooc: Of course, Merenwen was probably able to move four squares before shooting. If so, my bad. I just want to keep everything moving.

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
ooc: If I could give a suggestion for Merenwen's action, I'd have her use a move action to get into position, then use the bonus movement from the attack to move north again (perhaps to P5), out of sight of the sniper. And ouch, IC really doesn't like Larinza!!

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: If I don't hear from Kilbeth (or a substitute) by morning, he'll twin strike Hoofchew. Actions from Balth, Larinza, and Vashik would also be welcome. Larinza, don't forget you've got 1d6+surge healing to roll, too, from Les' inspiring word.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases