The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I'm happy to take your roll. ;) Note that in addition to using a heal check to grant an extra save, you can use it to give a bonus to his own save. But I think the odds are better just granting another save.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
ooc: How many saves can one take in a round? He's still gotta roll for the one I granted him with my heal check

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
ooc: I forgot about the option of adding to his save. If more than one of us are using Heal on him, I think giving the bonus is actually better, since each success gives him +2 and they all stack :p. Edit: granting him saves immediately has the advantage of preventing damage if one of them succeeds, though. So I guess either method has pros and cons.

Edit pt. 2: Because I'm a nerd. ;) If 5 of us succeed Heal checks and all choose to give him a bonus to his save, he succeeds automatically (he'd have +10 on the save), but takes the damage at the start of his turn. If 5 of us succeed on Heal checks and all choose to grant him an immediate save, the chance of him failing all 5 saves is 1.8%. So basically it's 6 of one, half a dozen of the other. ;)

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: 5 of you all granting +2 would ensure success, but short of that... 1 check at +8 gives failure only on a natural one, so 95% success. Granting four additional checks at no bonus, however, gives odds of success = 1-(9/20)^5 = 98.2%, with 1-(9/20)^4=95.9% chance of taking no damage.

Dawn Raven

First Post
"Of course, the old one has to go down. Let's get this bag of bones up before he dies!" Les starts to point to people and tell them to perform various medical procedures or get objects from either their packs or her own..."You, cut some bandages, I have a roll in this bag. And you there, try to bleed out that poison before we bandage him up." While shouting orders, Les dashes to Vashik and immediately begins to help Larinza perform treatment. Unfortunately, Les slips in her rush and trips over the rubble.

[sblock]
I suck at life.
Heal : 7
[/sblock]

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"My thanks, Palladys," Raiyek mutters under his breath, once it is clear that the wizard is no longer suffering from the poison's effects. He looses his shield and picks up his sword once again, but this time merely wipes it on a dead orc's shirt and sheathes the weapon.

The paladin stands, the sounds of plate mail rearranging itself filling the small silence that falls once the battle is over. Shield still in hand, he throws his elven eyes over the tavern, scanning for any suspicious movement or shadows deeper than they should be ... it seems the tavern is empty but for his companions. He surveys the scene left by their harrowing but quick assault ... orc corpses litter the tavern, blood staining the floors and tables - and not all of it orc blood. A slight sadness fills Raiyek's eyes as he removes his helmet. Bowing his head for a moment, he utters a prayer for the departed souls of the orcs. "Lauto have mercy on their souls ... poor, deluded creatures." Raising his head again, he says to the far wall, "What did they hope to gain? How did they think it would all end? But, thank Palladys, at least none of us joined the orcs in the cold sleep of death."

Seeming to come back to the real world, Raiyek asks the group in general, "Well, what now? Do you think that's all of them?"
[sblock=Covaithe]Just a reminder, since it looks like you missed it: Religion check: 1d20+5=23 to see if Hoofchew's death speech or tattoos brings any cults or associations or myths or whatever to mind. Hey, I'm curious, ok? :p[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases