The Long Arm of Lauto 1: Algarezh Hoofchew

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
"There you are, Kruk! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. In any case, I'm glad you're here now. What we're planning to do is ..." Raiyek quickly fills Kruk in on the details of the plan.

Then Raiyek walks up to one of the nearest merchants, speaking loudly but not threateningly. "Excuse me, I'm looking for an orc named Alragezh Hoofchew. Would you know of him, by chance? I've been told he lives in the Overgrowth here, and any assistance you could provide in finding him would be greatly appreciated," he finishes with a winning smile.

[sblock=ooc]Diplomacy: 1d20 9=24.

Good to have you, Dimsdale! Now that we have Kruk, it might be a good idea to have Kilbeth join the archers in Stealth. That way they have some melee help if they need it, like we were planning before. I think Kruk should be in the obvious party - I doubt he could be any other way ;)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]I may be a little scarce over the next little while, I'm going to be doing some traveling over the holidays. I'll try to check and post once a day or so, but just thought I'd give a heads up. If you haven't heard from me and I'm holding things up, feel free to NPC Raiyek for whatever it is that we're doing.[/sblock]

ukingsken

First Post
Vashik has been listening intently and has made it obvious that he feels he fits well with the "Advance" party that will make overt inquiries. He approaches the same merchant that Raiyek is speaking to, watching closely to see if the merchant is truthful.

[sblock=Insight] 1d20+8=28 Man couldn't get any better then that![/sblock]

It would be in your best interest to answer swiftly and truthfully.

With his words still hanging in the air like naked steel, Vashik smiles at the merchant and continues to stare.

balth

First Post
Balth continues pacing his movement to keep ahead of the party as they move towards the settlement. With the amount of buildings and alleys, it's fairly easy to take up a new position unseen and then move on.

He watches the Dwarf approach Raiyek, and draws his bow, but Raiyek seems to know the fellow. He seems to be filling him in on whatever their plan was. That's good, another for our ranks, it would appear. He lowered his bow, and watched the group of easily-noticed individuals walk up and boisterously start inquiring about Hoofchew.

Ah, throw the bird to lure the wolf.

Balth quickly started scanning the crowd, looking for those who would be paying a keen ear to the inquiries.

[sblock=OOC] Invisible Castle looks like it's down, I'll post just my Perception roll when it's back up in a separate post. Also, I saw the list of primary skills, and secondaries were mentioned, but was there a listing of them anywhere? Or did I just miss it? (probability=high)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
Raiyek said:
"Excuse me, I'm looking for an orc named Alragezh Hoofchew. Would you know of him, by chance? I've been told he lives in the Overgrowth here, and any assistance you could provide in finding him would be greatly appreciated,"

"Hoofchew? Never heard of 'im, but now that you mention it, seems I have seen more orcs here than usual. Mostly towards evening. Can't say as I know where any of 'em live, though." the merchant answers equably.

Vashik said:
It would be in your best interest to answer swiftly and truthfully.

The merchant frowns, looking defensive. "Of course it's in my interest to be truthful! If a merchant got a reputation for lying, he wouldn't last a week. I certainly wouldn't lie about some fleabitten orc living in this gods-forsaken rat's nest."

As far as Vashik can tell, the man is indeed not lying. Furthermore, with a closer look at him, Vashik can see by his dress and bearing that he probably doesn't live here. Perhaps the group would be better served from asking someone more local...

ooc: 2 successes, 0 failures. For secondary skills, use anything you like, as long as you're using it in a way that's relevant to the challenge.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: wait, please. We've got 9 PCs who need to go, and only 2 have gone. If you post another action it will just confuse me. More, that is... :)

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
[sblock=ooc]Sorry, I was waiting for Invisible Castle to come back up, but I suppose I'll roll later. Intimidate roll +8 [/sblock]

Larinza finds the first orc she comes to on the streets, "We're looking for an orc named Alragezh Hoofchew, We work for the temple of Lauto, Hrauto as your people call him. Here to collect a debt. It's in your best interested to cooperate with the Lord of the Dead, gather his wraith and it's not just now you reap the punishment, but your immortal soul. Larinza has her hand on the pommel of her sword as she talks. If I'm gonna be obvious best to be very obvious.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Just to be clear, what exactly are the groups we've split into? My understanding is:

Obvious: Raiyek, Kruk, Vashik, Larinza (and possibly Kilbeth??)
Not obvious, but not hidden: Les, Cross, ??
Hiding: Balth, Meren (and possibly Kilbeth??)

Does that sound about right? I'm not sure where Kilbeth decided to go.[/sblock]

balth

First Post
[sblock=Perception] +11 to roll. Invisible Castle is down. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC questions] I'm personally more confused/concerned with what do we do if Invisible Castle is down? It's been down for a bit, now. Do we just post what our bonus is and let the DM roll for us (which I have NO problem with) or should we wait until it's back up? (sorry, I'm a pbp n00b)

I *believe* Kilbeth said he was going to stealth behind Meren as her 'backup,' if I understood correctly.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases