Scales of War - Rescue at Rivenroar Battle Maps

nickverto

Explorer
I know some people have posted battle maps to the Scales of War Module Rescue at Rivenroar dungeon but if anyone is interested here are my versions I created and printed out and pasted together on cardboard to use with my D&D group. I am still learning CC3 Dungeon Designer 3 so the 2nd level dungeon maps look better than the 1st floor in my opinion but still work just fine.

After you print them out cut out each dungeon section following the walls. Then paste them to large card board sheets using spray adhesive and then cut them out again. I think this design has been working pretty well for my group and they cut out in such a way that I only show them a section at a time and not the whole dungeon.

I plan to work on Bordrins Watch maps next and will post them as I get them done. Those will be a challenge.

Dungeon Level 2 Maps
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 01.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 02.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 03.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 04.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 05.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 06.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 07.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 08.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 2 - Map 09.pdf

Dungeon Level 1 Maps
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 1 - Map 01.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 1 - Map 02.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 1 - Map 03.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 1 - Map 04.pdf
View attachment Rescue at Rivenroar - Dungeon Level 1 - Map 05.pdf

Here are some pictures of the Dungeon lvl 2 after it has been printed and put together.
DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z194/nickverto/DSC_0202.jpg

Enjoy,
Nick

Last edited:

nickverto

Explorer
Glad you like them Dakion.

I am open to any criticism about the maps but please present information about what you think would make them better and not just "they suck". My goal was to make them functional and be better than just using a vinyl map and markers.

Do you think the grid should be on top of everything or only show on the floor? I haven't decided which way I like better personally.

Privateer

First Post
Wow, these are absolutely spectacular. I'm just about to start Siege of Bordrin's Watch with my group, so I eagerly await your next production.

I can't say for certain about the grid; it is helpful when shown over objects, but may be less pretty. I'd say go for whatever is quickest, honestly, because of how small the difference is.

BlackSeven

First Post
Excellent work! Greatly appreciated!

I started using these in my last gaming session and they were a big hit. Just wanted to say that your work was appreciated both by me and by my players. I look forward to using your further works as we progress through the adventure path.

Thrugnipp

First Post
These are truly marvellous.

You don't, by any chance have a version of these for A4 paper? Annoyingly, my printer cannot be fooled into thinking it has Letter sized paper in it, and chops about 1/8th of an inch off the edge on each page.

And, as I have discovered, you cannot buy letter sized paper outside the USA!

If you don't I'll put up with the gaps. They are great and I really appreciate the work you put in.

nickverto

Explorer
I will start to make PDF's in A4 format as well. It might take me a bit of time to re-do everything I currently have in the A4 format. I'm really sorry. I had no idea you could not get 8.5x11 letter paper. Give me some time and I will see what I can do for you with these older maps.

Thrugnipp

First Post
I will start to make PDF's in A4 format as well.

That will be fantastic! I definitely owe you a pint, if you are ever in North Yorkshire.

We use 8.5x11 in Canada.

I realised after I had sent it that it most likely wasn't true... Perhaps I should have said that I cannot find it in the UK, or even Europe... Or maybe my Google skills still need refining, but I did try many searches... all to no avail.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases