Penny Arcade Podcast, Part 2

scrumpyj

Explorer
The Penny Arcade guys today announced that they're recording a new 4e game podcast, with special guest star Wil Wheaton:

For those of you who enjoyed the D&D Podcasts, we're recording another session on Thursday. Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics), Binwin Bronzebottom, and Omin Dran of Acquisitions Incorporated make their return to the table, while William "Wil" Wheaton joins as the new hire, playing an unreleased class. Yes, that's correct: we have a celebrity guest. This is the big Goddamned Leagues, people.

I wonder if this will be for Insider subscribers only. Given the popularity of the first one, I can see WOTC going either way. If subscription only, it might convince some people to subscribe just to get access to the podcast. If it's freely available, it might attract more attention to the Insider by casual gamers.

The Penny Arcade guys today announced that they're recording a new 4e game podcast, with special guest star Wil Wheaton:

For those of you who enjoyed the D&D Podcasts, we're recording another session on Thursday. Jim Darkmagic (of the New Hampshire Darkmagics), Binwin Bronzebottom, and Omin Dran of Acquisitions Incorporated make their return to the table, while William "Wil" Wheaton joins as the new hire, playing an unreleased class. Yes, that's correct: we have a celebrity guest. This is the big Goddamned Leagues, people.

I wonder if this will be for Insider subscribers only. Given the popularity of the first one, I can see WOTC going either way. If subscription only, it might convince some people to subscribe just to get access to the podcast. If it's freely available, it might attract more attention to the Insider by casual gamers.
*crosses fingers* ...Please don't spoil anymore published adventures... please don't spoil anymore published adventures... please don't spoil anymore published adventures... please don't....

Gravedust

First Post
Actually I found it nice to listen to those guys run through Keep on the Shadowfell... I was preparing for my first ever DM session (4E or anything for that matter) and it was helpful to hear what they ran into and whatnot.

B-) Wil Wheaton, that should be good!

Sara_G

First Post
The adventure is specially written for the podcast group. It will be published on D&D Insider later on. Please keep in mind that it will take some time to produce, so it will most likely not be aired until late January. The podcast will be on the D&D website for no charge but there will be special features on D&D Insider.

The adventure is specially written for the podcast group. It will be published on D&D Insider later on. Please keep in mind that it will take some time to produce, so it will most likely not be aired until late January. The podcast will be on the D&D website for no charge but there will be special features on D&D Insider.
In that case, this is great news! My group loved listening to the last Penny Arcade podcast... which was a major annoyance for me, once they started to recognize villains from the podcast on our run through KotS. (Metagaming n00bs that they are, even though the podcast adventure wasn't identical to KotS, there were enough similarities that they significantly altered their play-style and wasted a bunch of time on account of what they heard in the podcast.)

Penny Arcade podcast + no spoilers = golden.

PS: Thanks for stopping by, Sara!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases