DDI Character Builder OPEN BETA Live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verys Arkon

First Post
The beta of the DDI Character builder has been updated.
It now includes most of Martial Power (all except animal companions?), and the Barbarian, as well as other UI updates and tweaks. Still limited to levels 1-3 (the Red Box version of CB)

EDIT: CB IS NOW IN OPEN BETA, that means everyone, not just DDI subscribers, can try it out.

Last edited:

filthgrinder

First Post
Some weird issues. If you notice that the gnoll, Drow, minotaur all say "Monster Manual" for their stats. The Drow should say the FR book, and the others should say their Dragon issues. It looks like they took the information from the proper sources, they just labelled it incorrectly.

Agamon

Adventurer
Yes, download it again from WotC's site. I just ran the installer again and it overwrote the old version, and kept all my existing characters.

Hmmm. Hopefully this is a beta thing. Patching addtional stuff in is better than reinstalling every time they add a new book....

Verys Arkon

First Post
Hmmm. Hopefully this is a beta thing. Patching addtional stuff in is better than reinstalling every time they add a new book....

Yes indeed, this is only a Beta thing. The developers have said that updates will done through the CB without doing reinstalls once the final version is released. I'm not entirely sure if this is for program updates/patches, or just for additional data and errata. I'm guessing both.

Verys Arkon

First Post
According to Le Rouse,

D&D Insider Character Builder Open Beta live
I just wanted to let you know that the beta test for the Character Builder demo is now open to everyone (yes this includes people who are not yet subscribing to D&Di). The beta is still for levels 1-3 but it has some new stuff added to it since the Closed Beta started for D&D Insider subscribers including new content from Martial Power, November Dragon, UI Updates, etc

Check it out and let us know what you think. Here is the link where you can get to download the .exe file

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases