[Music: The Hairbands] Lets hear it for the Glamrockers!!!

I've been listening to Poison, Motley Crue and some AC / DC for the past week and reliezed we (EN World) have not given them any credit or love. Lets hear it for the rockers of the 80's! [insert favorite guitar rift now]

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
This thread is going to keep me Up All Night.;)

I have a lot of glam-metal in my collection...

Tesla, Dokken, Faster Pussycat, Helloween, Pretty Maids, Europe, Bulletboys, Slaughter, Motley Crue, Cinderella, Bang Tango, Vinnie Vincent Invasion, Alcatraz, Nitro, Ratt, Impellitteri, Vain, Skid Row, Dangerous Toys.

KISS (sans makeup).

Vandenburg.

Satan Jokers.

And so, so many others.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Of those 3, only Mr. Big may be found in my collection.

I'm not judging, mind you. After all, I admitted to owning Europe and Bang Tango.

Darkwolf71

First Post
OK, with a collection of 5K+ CDs, its not often I say this about a band or musical artist...

WHO?

Heheh.

Obscure... Practicaly unheard of Christian rock band. I don't know if they ever recorded an album, but they had two tracks here: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Take-Time-Listen-5/dp/B0006SGTVA]Amazon.com: Take Time To Listen - Volume 5: Music[/ame]. Pretty good. Very 80's sounding but I'm not sure when they were actually together.

Oh, and you are the only other person I have ever seen even list Vain. Man, I need to get that one again.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Christian Hair Metal!

I'd forgotten!

I don't own much, myself, but I did pick up one true gem of Christian Hair Metal:

Bloodgood's Detonation was one of the best of the bunch, bar none. Check out the massive vocals on "The Messiah!"

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Detonation/dp/B000S54UCG/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_k2a_1_img?pf_rd_p=304485601&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-2&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B00000DMNX&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=04QVW0EXH1M56S847QR6[/ame]

(They sound sort of like Krokus.)

Oh yeah- Krokus!

I'm also now remembering some of the other stuff I have.

I mentioned French Motley Crue wannabes, Satan Jokers, so lets continue around the world.

The Japanese band Loudness put Japan's metal scene on the map. And then their countrymates, the somewhat heavier but still hairsprayed EZO, released a couple of excellent albums in the USA.

Last edited:

Def leppard, Bon Jovi and Whitesnake.

I remember being offered to see Whitesnake opening for Poison for 20 dollars and I turned it down. Whitesnake broke up a few months after that. Now I kick myself for not going.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases