Power cards downloads

DennisB

First Post
Well, here is a sample deck. This is probably how I an going to keep it but I still want some input before I start on it in the morning, starting with the monster manual. I worked it so the words are bigger and all the stats are on one card, even the ancient brown dragon who's stats are a full column long. and I also decided to do all the background on that monster on separate cards so the information is still available as well. I figure if people dont want the background cards they can delete them or ignore them. but for the people that do want that information then it is there.
Also, I did decide to use the big cards because only the DM is going to be using them and they can either file them away or throw them away when the monster is killed.
I could be wrong but I feel this is the best way to do this. If you all Disagree then let me know. The only thing I sure am not going to do is shorten the descriptions because I dont feel like doing all that typing.
I will delete this file when I post the first monsters on the main download.
But I do want to know all in all if you all want the pics with the monsters or not, I am leaning too doing it but in this case I will go with the majority of the responses.

And again, Thanks to all For you're inputs so far.

Last edited:

erf_beto

First Post
Hmmm, I could be wrong, but didn't typing those basic attacks in the brown dragon take more time? And you probably won't be able to do it all the time, since some attacks use more space...

Also, you mentioned the card notes... isn't that a good place to add this description instead of other cards?

So if you have such entry:
Pincer Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 3; +27 vs. AC; 2d6 + 13 damage, and the target is grabbed (until escape). An astral dreadnought can grab up to two creatures at a time, one in each claw. The astral dreadnought cannot use this attack if it has two creatures grabbed.

Make it that:
Pincer Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 3; +27 vs. AC; 2d6 + 13, and grab (until escape). Up to two creatures, one in each claw. Cannot use this attack if it has two creatures grabbed.
Here's how I do it:

:melee:Pincer Claw (Melee reach 3); +27 vs AC; 2d6+13 dmg, and grab (until escape). Up to two creatures, one in each claw. Cannot use this attack if it has two creatures grabbed.

If it's a "standard action" there's no need to type it - it's just what you would expect from an attack. Same thing with "at-will". IF it's a move action, or an encounter power, let it show, otherwise, no need.

I also type it in only one line, wich saves a lot of space when you have things like basic attacks:

(m) Longsword +5 vs AC; 1d8+3 dmg

... instead of...

(m) Lonsgword * Weapon
Melee weapon, +5 vs AC; 1d8 + 3 damage

One line instead of two helps a lot! It's also a lot more work, though.

And as I said earlier, it's a matter of personal taste/opinion on regards to what can be cut out (for ex. I don't think I need to see written the Weapon keyword for a longsword attack)

As for the picture, when I was making the template I didn't think to use a picture, I just left the field there, because I knew someone would care. So, I agree with Bayuer, leave them aside, reserve the space for what's important.

PS: I don't know if this can be good advise for the moment, since you already started the work and all, but instead of going alphabetical, you could be typing monsters per level. You see, most people never get to play epic - and that's where the longest statblocks are!

DennisB

First Post
You know what, The level Idea is a good one, I will do that.

And here is what I decided to do.

Monsters: Just doing the stats - no Pic - But including the tactics on the bottom of the attack section.

NPC's: Adding the Pics - NO background - Letting the DM do what they want with the NPC's

Both Decks: Putting them on the big cards, the big disadvantage is that you can only print 3 cards on 1 sheet of paper - But that could also be a good thing, how many monsters is the DM going to kill the players with anyways at one time.

Does that sound good?

erf_beto

First Post
Both Decks: Putting them on the big cards, the big disadvantage is that you can only print 3 cards on 1 sheet of paper
Actually, when you print, make sure to select landscape format - that way, you can print 4 cards in one page (wich was my intention when making the BIG template)

Dracorat

First Post
Can you add a consolidated file? DLing that many files at a time is a bit o work.

I'll do it if I must, but I'd much rather like one big file.

If it's an issue of space, I could set up a folder for you to use on my Web site - send me a PM and then you'll be able to link to that for everyone to dl the big file from.

DennisB

First Post
Dracorat, If you are talking about the monster cards then dont worry, it is in MSE format, all you have to do is keep checking back and delete the old one and re-download the newest version about every other day.
Also, Many people only want certain decks that they need, however, that is a good idea, i will look into making a single file for all decks and files. give me a few days.

And ERF- thanks for the info, I did not know that.

Last edited:

DennisB,

I'm looking for a powercard set where it had blocks to write in the attack bonus, damage, and maybe an extra block for push squares... The cards had all the other information on them. Might be Ander00 cards? Do you know? I remember the orientation being in portrait format.

DennisB

First Post
I tried to do that as well, but it was going to be a writable blocks so you could type the information into the blocks before printing them up. however, there was not enough room for that information so I decided not to include it. I do have a powers sheet to input that information on, it is a simple setup and easy to read. if you want, I could upload it to the "Monsters and Downloads" section.

But to answer you're question, It is ander00 set.

Also: Monsters level 1 is done.

DennisB

First Post
Sure, give me a few. I was taking today off from card making of any kind. my blogging group for role players is meeting up today. It is a local group for Louisville KY. they meet every year. but tomorrow i will, ok.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases