Power cards downloads

erf_beto

First Post
It's nice to see that my statcards template are working :)

I suppose the best way to fit long text is to avoid using pictures and trimming stuff: removing some text, abreviating some keywords (sometimes even removing them won't hurt the statblock), etc. Take a look at the original DDM rpg statcards. The purpose of these cards is to provide quick access to monster's stats, and not recreate the entire Monster Manual, IMO.

But I guess not everyone will agree with me, specially with regards to what is important to leave and what can be cut. So, in a way, it's nice that you actually provide the MSE file, and not just a pdf. This way I can alter the ones I want to use the way I want to use them.

Cheers, and happy 2009 to all!

Oh, and your Astral Stalker gives no XP :p

DennisB

First Post
I fixed the long text monsters by placing them on 2 cards, thought i was going to have to place the beholder on 3 cards but i decided that on the second card not to put a pic and have it text only. I hope it is better.

And you know the old saying:
"you can please some people some of the time, But you can not please all the people all the time"

So this is how i decided to do it, just give all the combat stats and let them do what they want with it. As long as they enjoy the effort i give them.

Now the only Problem right now is that people will have to replace older versions a lot. Like i said, i will be adding to the list a lot and then posting it to the public.

thundershot

Adventurer
That's fine. This will be infinitely helpful in the future. Have you considered doing the larger cards for some of the monsters (like the PC one that's really cool)?

Thanks
Chris

DennisB

First Post
I thought about it, but they don fit in the card sleeves and i wanted to keep all the cards universal. But if the monsters keep giving me a headache, I just might do that if more people want it that way. like i said, the monster deck is still under construction like the powers was. I will know for sure in 1 week, but thats a good idea, thanks.

DennisB

First Post
Ok here we go, there is 2 options for NPC's and monsters,
1) I could try to put the stats on 1 - 3 cards and it will fit into a standard card sleave and the other information will be in the card notes on the bottom.

ANDREDWORMBLADE1a.jpg

2) Or i could put the stats on the bigger cards and still use 2 - 4 cards for 1 monster or NPC but it is easier to read like so.

ANDREDWORMBLADE1.jpg

ANDREDWORMBLADE2.jpg

ANDREDWORMBLADE3.jpg

Please, everyone, let me know what style you like by 10pm tonight so I can start making the final version of the deck.

Thanks everyone,
Dennis

erf_beto

First Post
Maybe it's just me, but I have a big problem with multiple cards for the same creature. Actually, I don't even like using the backs - I loathed the new official card design just because of it.

So I'm gonna sit this one out and let you guys decide.

What I would like to add though, is that, if you're going to use 2 or more cards, it would look nicer to have a compatible background for it, with just the text and no repeating stats (like AC, Fort, abilities, Speed...) even if you just leave the fields empty. Problem is doing that on MSE, so I won't hold it against you (maybe with a new style file...?).

Another thing I don't understand is: why do you need all that history and personality info on the card? It's just too much! Wouldn't it be better to have information like that staying in an adventure booklet or something? Of course, one can always trim it to his/her likening, or to look like the tatics and knowledge sections of the MM (wich I think would make a nice card back, together with a picture)

DennisB

First Post
Well, the reason is because some people dont have access to the background information, just the stats I present them.

And if I could do the full card for background, I would but you are right, MSE is limited in that respect, but nothing in life is perfect like me. lol J/K

Bayuer

First Post
I think that first thing is to drop images idea. They are pointless. Only you can see it. It takes too many space. One you will make cards faster, two you will have more space for text. Also use shortcuts and don't write all what is in MM. Keywords are needed. Some players have resistances, immunities, bonuses to saving throws.

So if you have such entry:
Pincer Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 3; +27 vs. AC; 2d6 + 13 damage, and the target is grabbed (until escape). An astral dreadnought can grab up to two creatures at a time, one in each claw. The astral dreadnought cannot use this attack if it has two creatures grabbed.

Make it that:
Pincer Claw (standard; at-will)
Reach 3; +27 vs. AC; 2d6 + 13, and grab (until escape). Up to two creatures, one in each claw. Cannot use this attack if it has two creatures grabbed.

Try to fit into one card.

DennisB

First Post
All I wanted to do was cut and paste with minimal typing for line adjustment. After all, there is over 300 monsters and NPC's to copy. Do you think it would look better on the big cards? and I agree about the pics, I figured it would look better but it does take up space. So you think I should omit the pics then. Any one else have a thought about this.
Also, as far as multiple cards for one monster, well, no one has to print them up but at lease the information will be at hand so you dont have to look up anything and slow up play time, thats why i decided to put the information in there as well, however, I also decided to put that information in the card notes under the cards in MSE so if people wants the information, all they have to do is copy that and paste it in eather word or notepad and print it up or they can just ignore it and run the monster and NPC as they want.
Thanks for the feedback Bayuer :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases