Tiefling Miniatures

pogre

Legend
Greetings!

I'm looking for some figures to paint for Tiefling PCs for my players. I was going to convert some drow using gore ram horns, but one player really likes the look of the straight horns of the male tiefling in the PHB. The first mini I have to produce is a male Tiefling Warlock.

I was thinking of using Reaper's Eredain as a base:
Eredain figure picture

I would then build up a brow, horns, and hair on the figure.

I'm not above a shortcut though! What are you painting for Tieflings?

I don't particularly enjoy repainting WOTC miniatures - so those are out for me.

Thanks for your help!

pogre

frankthedm

First Post
I don't particularly enjoy repainting WOTC miniatures - so those are out for me.
Tisk, tisk. Collectable Mini game commons are grand resources for customs.

mkom007bh6.jpg

Mage Knight: Omens - Wave spawn 007-009
has the exact tail 4E teiflings have. The body barbs also can be used for the horns.

Last edited:

rgard

Adventurer
Greetings!

I'm looking for some figures to paint for Tiefling PCs for my players. I was going to convert some drow using gore ram horns, but one player really likes the look of the straight horns of the male tiefling in the PHB. The first mini I have to produce is a male Tiefling Warlock.

I was thinking of using Reaper's Eredain as a base:
Eredain figure picture

I would then build up a brow, horns, and hair on the figure.

I'm not above a shortcut though! What are you painting for Tieflings?

Thanks for your help!

pogre

Others from Reaper:

Reaper Miniatures :: FigureFinder

pogre

Legend
Tisk, tisk. Collectable Mini game commons are grand resources for customs.

Oh, there's no doubt plastics are great for cutting and swapping, but my blends just do not look good on plastic. I've tried spray priming, but I always get mediocre results when I lay on the paint. Considering how slow I paint PC figs, it is just not worth it to me.

pogre

Legend
Others from Reaper:
Thanks for taking the time to find some of these!

Has potential for a head swap to another figure.

Female

I've painted this figure. It is freakin' big!

Another very large piece.

This guy has possibilities. He is a little too big, but might be worth checking out how out of scale the head would be with a 30mm humanoid body.

Female

Kris

Adventurer
I don't know how much help this will be, but if you're considering a simple conversion or two then the plastic GW beastmen mini's come with a lot of different horns that might be usable...

...here's a picture I found of the whole sprue - you can see the horns on the top right.
http://oz.games-workshop.com/games/warhammer/beastsofchaos/gettingstarted/images/boc_sprue.jpg

...or is that what you meant when you said 'gore ram horns' ? (because now that I think about it they might also called gors or bestigors or something similar - but I can't be sure as I have trouble getting the GW website to load properly).

The 4 smaller devil-looking heads (middle left) might also be usable too I guess.

Last edited:

Webby140

First Post
We're just using the current Tiefling plastics that have come out - most notable, the Tiefling Warlock (a player of mine just re-rolled to Warlock.) I've not been able to find many suitable so fat tbh.

rgard

Adventurer
Thanks for taking the time to find some of these!

Has potential for a head swap to another figure.

Female

I've painted this figure. It is freakin' big!

Another very large piece.

This guy has possibilities. He is a little too big, but might be worth checking out how out of scale the head would be with a 30mm humanoid body.

Female

You are most welcome. I love searching their site. I searched on 'demon' to find the ones I found. Wasn't certain if you had any female tiefling characters to convert, but included them anyway as the sculpts are awesome.

One thought for horns. You can hold a plastic sprue over a candle, heat the plastic and gently pull until it stretches. You can then cut out 'horns' from the part that stretches when it cools.

Thanks,
Rich

pogre

Legend
I keep thinking Reaper will put our their version sometime soon. I got a sneak peek at some of the greens coming on line and Tiefling-like figs are not in the near future...

OK - looks like I need to do some sculpting. I'll post my results when I'm done - at my current rate, see you in 2010.:p

pogre

Legend
We're just using the current Tiefling plastics that have come out - most notable, the Tiefling Warlock (a player of mine just re-rolled to Warlock.) I've not been able to find many suitable so fat tbh.

Yeah, I certainly understand that.

I think your signature is hilarious for some reason...

Khorne isn't happy though ;)

Remove ads