[Open Design] Wrath of the River King still accepting Patrons!

brick

First Post
Wrath of the River King is entering layout, but that means there's still time to get in on this fantastic 4E adventure into the Feywild for adventurers 4-7!

Wrath of the River King is a 4th Edition D&D adventure project that begins with the heroes approached by a miller's whose bride has been stolen away into the Feywild, and it proceeds through a wild sequence of increasingly dangerous encounters with cruel fey Lords & Ladies to a confrontation with the River King himself.

While the adventure itself will be a good follow-on to Keep on the Shadowfell, it's an opportunity to expand on the Feywild and the role of the fey generally in D&D.

Length is currently clocking in at about 100 pages. Wrath of the River King includes half a dozen new monsters, plus new takes on standards from the Monster Manual. It includes no butterfly-winged eladrin or pixies, but lots of tough encounters in a darky fey vein, with recurring characters and plenty of opportunities for both roleplaying and combat.

you can sign up for the project at Kobold Quarterly but fear not-- once complete, you'll receive the PDF and have access to a print edition via Lulu!

This is one adventure that's going to rock, but it's also a limited access project-- don't miss out, sign up today!

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce...
Kobold Quarterly News Minion

Last edited:

Rechan

Adventurer
1) how much influence would one joining so late in the game have on the project? What could they, well, influence?

2) Are there any plant monsters/plant related fey? I would like to get an idea of the new monsters/new Take on the monsters in the book; fey and the feywild is a big interest in mine, but I want to see what there is to work with in terms of what's been done to the fey.

brick

First Post
Well...

1) Not really much influence at all-- the bread's been baked, so to speak. What's in it is in it...when we've hit the layout phase, there isn't much modification that happens. But you would get to participate in the errata hunt and you would be noted as a patron in the credits.

2) I'm not absolutely certain, as I've only seen the Senior Patron material, and I won't be seeing a review copy until Monday, but I don't recall a plant-based fey-- except perhaps a dryad?

We should be getting a sneak-peek review out shortly, so keep an eye out for that!

-Ben
--
Small but Fierce...
Kobold Quarterly News Minion

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases