#161 - A Touch of Madness

catsclaw227

First Post
The new Dungeon adventure is up, for 10th level adventurers.

Dungeon Adventure: Touch of Madness

It looks to be a 4e conversion of a 3.5 adventure done last March, in the waning days of 3.5 Dungeon: Dungeon Adventure: Touch of Madness

A quick run through comparison looks like it's a fairly accurate conversion, and would be an interesting study of how to convert a 3.5 adventure for 4e.

I must not have taken the right tack with my Age of Worms game, because I bumped up my player levels based upon a conversion of a 1-20 AP into a 1-30 AP (converting them from 8th to 11th).

This one is a 10th level conversion from a 10th level adventure. Hmmmm.

Thasmodious

First Post
I'm reading it now and have not read the 3.5 version. My 4e game already has a good dose of Far Realm influence, and this looks like it will fit right in, the PCs already know a priestess of Ioun as well. One of the characters is already touched by the Far Realm and hails from another world, although he is unaware of it.

This adventure seems pretty good so far. Detailed, a lot of backstory, plenty of room for RP, haven't poured through the encounters yet.

xnrdcorex

First Post
There is an error in the pdf. It has the heroic tier 1-10 logo when it is a paragon tier adventure. Otherwise this is a great piece that I enjoyed reading. I feel like my insider subscription becomes more worthwhile every month.

There is an error in the pdf. It has the heroic tier 1-10 logo when it is a paragon tier adventure. Otherwise this is a great piece that I enjoyed reading. I feel like my insider subscription becomes more worthwhile every month.

10th level is still heroic tier though. I don't know - does it go up more then one level?

Phaezen

First Post
10th level is still heroic tier though. I don't know - does it go up more then one level?

Not too sure about this adventure, but it is part one of three (if i recall correctly) so not only is it far realms oriented, it is also an example of an adventure arc splitting 2 tiers . . . :lol:

Awesome

Phaezen

Last edited:

FourthBear

First Post
I recall liking this adventure when it first came out earlier this year. As I recall, Touch of Madness was always intended to be presented first in 3.5e and then later as a 4e adventure. I believe that several features of the 3.5e version were echoing some of the design elements that the 4e prerelease stuff were talking about. Definitely some of the campaign elements in it (Ioun most prominently) were kind of previews of the 4e shared world.

Remove ads