Order of the Stick 617 is up

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Yes, I have the following book on my Winter Break Reading list:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Trapped-When-Acting-Ethically-Against/dp/1930865880/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229787713&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Trapped: When Acting Ethically is Against the Law: John Hasnas: Books[/ame]

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
As a current law student, I am saddened by this conversation.

Before I went to lawschool, 300 years ago, I took an LSAT (Law school SAT) prep course. I asked the instructor of the course, who happened to be a DA, what courses I should take in lawschool if I wanted to be a lawyer dealing with computer law (the Internet was just "invented" back then, the consolidation of all the various networks just took place).

He chuckled and said:

"It doesn't matter. All this stuff you learn for the LSAT is :):):):):):):):). All that matters is getting into lawschool. Once you get into lawschool, almost everything you learn there is :):):):):):):):). All that matters is passing Bar Exam. Everything you have to learn to pass the Bar Exam is :):):):):):):):). Most of it has no application in day-to-day practice. Once you pass the Bar Exam, all that matters is getting a job practicing law somewhere. The key to a sucessful law practice is to pile so much :):):):):):):):) onto the other side to make them give in. So the practice of law, from beginning to end is :):):):):):):):)."

True story. And I've found it to be true in practice.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Hey I didn't know you couldn't say bull**it here. That's a violation of my freedom of speech. Where's a lawful good lawyer when you need one?!?!

:)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases