The Transmuter’s Last Touch (Dungeon Crawl Classics #31 by Goodman Games)

kolikeos

First Post
The Transmuter’s Last Touch (Dungeon Crawl Classics #31 by Goodman Games)

So I’m going to run this adventure tomorrow at our first D&D session. For a party consisting of a Bard, a Wizard and a Ranger. All 1st level.
Obviously they will be slaughtered if I run the adventure as is. So I thought of downscaling it a bit. But I don’t want it to be too easy.
I would also very much like it if they did not have the need to go back to town after each encounter. Doing it in one run would be ideal.

So this is the grand plan (Spoilers):
They are on a path in the forest, I’ll let them decide why and to where they are heading. They heard that this path is dangerous and that many robberies have taken place here.
They also happen to have a sack full of gold coins, which I’ll also let them decide why.
During the night kobolds attempt to steal the sack from their camp. The PC on guard duty will have the chance to Spot or Listen (DC 15) in order to catch the kobolds red handed, in which case the kobolds run to their dungeon. Otherwise they will discover the missing sack and kobold footprints after a time has passed.
From here on the adventure will continue as written except for the following:
The pouch near the hidden entrance has (instead of a gem) 3 potions of Cure Light Wounds with a note reading: “Use these in case of injury. Hopefully they will not be needed. Love, Tarmak”
Room 2 has only 3 kobolds, instead of 5 plus a leveled one.
The trap in room 4 has only +5 to attack and gives the option of a DC 11 Reflex save instead. It also deals only 1d3+1 damage.
Room 5 has only 3 kobolds.
Room 6 has 2.
Room 7 likewise, and the fall deals only 1d3 nonlethal damage.
Room 8 has a dire rat instead of a dire weasel.
Room 12 has only 8 kobolds of which 4 will be dispatched to room 11 if notified of intruders.
I plan to finish just before they engage Tazex.
I will not be handing XP during the session, but I will let them automatically gain a level once we finish.

If anyone who DMed through this adventure could give me some feedback or advice I will be most thankful.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases