What are the best Goodman Dungeon Crawl Classics?

Umbra2020

First Post
I haven't purchased any Goodman Games' Dungeon Crawl Classics but with the pdf sale and their impending disappearance I was wondering what are the best ones to buy? I would be looking at up to 10th level adventures and probably buy about 8-10 pdfs. Thanks for any recommendations.

dfan

First Post
For pure bang-for-the-buck, you pretty much have to get The Adventure Begins (DCC 29) and The Adventure Continues (DCC 48), which have 15 and 20 mini-adventures respectively.

GAAAHHH

First Post
DCC 1 Idylls of the Rat King (1-3) gets my vote for best.

Other good ones are:
DCC 44 Dreaming Caverns of the Duergar (1-3)
DCC 46 The Scaly God (4-6)
17 Legacy of the Savage Kings (4-6)
10 The Sunless Garden (6-8)
5 Aerie of the Crow God (7-9)
30 Vault of the Dragon Kings (10)
13 Crypt of the Devil Lich (15)

Honorable mention: #35A Halls of the Minotaur(from Gazeteer of the Known Realms boxed set) - for 0 level characters. The only reason this isn't #2 on my list is it comes as part of a boxed set (which is totally worth buying, but the adventure is a very small part of it).

There are many others that are really good, but if I include them, it would hardly be a best of list anymore.

Noumenon

First Post
Monte Cook's post alerted me that all these PDFs would be $5 until the 31st and then gone forever. He also said, "This is what the World's Largest Dungeon should have been." Do you agree? And do you think it would be feasible to run an adventure that large out of a PDF?

Speaking of Monte Cook, he co-wrote #50, Vault of the Iron Overlord, with Soren Keis-Thustrup. An excellent adventure with a really neat rotating dungeon and a cool returning villain.

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Monte Cook's post alerted me that all these PDFs would be $5 until the 31st and then gone forever. He also said, "This is what the World's Largest Dungeon should have been." Do you agree? And do you think it would be feasible to run an adventure that large out of a PDF?

I pretty much ONLY run adventures from PDF's now. If I cant get it as a PDF it's pretty much useless to me.

I print out the portions of the adventure that I plan to run and mark up the print outs with notes or with whatever alterations that I need to make. I'm also not someone who gripes about the fact that I have to print something out. I take into account that when I spend money on printer toner that I'm actually buying toner so that I can, well, PRINT THINGS OUT.

Also I find that it's easier for me to run an adventure with loose sheets than it is from a bound or spine stapled book.

But hey, maybe that's just me.

darjr

I crit!
Also I find that it's easier for me to run an adventure with loose sheets than it is from a bound or spine stapled book.

This. I started to run RPGA events and would print them out as little stapled booklets. Till I ran one off the cuff that was printed single sided. It made a huge difference. That flipping around in an adventure took up more time than I could afford, and I never realized it.

Sorry, but it is a bit on topic, I love this aspect about PDF adventures. So it is a plus for the DCC ones, or any you can get in this way.

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
This isn't exactly about DCCs, but I was looking through some of the sale PDFs and noticed also the "Complete Guides" to various monsters and things. How are those? Any good, or is it better to spend the money on the adventures?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases