Revenge of the Giants - What do we know?

catsclaw227

First Post
What do we know about the WOTC mega-adventure [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Revenge-Giants-4th-Super-Adventure/dp/0786952059/ref=pd_ys_shvl_title"]Revenge of the Giants[/ame]? What levels is it set for? Is it going to be like the Return to the.... series from the end of 3.5? I hope not. I loved GDQ for 1e, but I don't think they need to go that route unless it's just an homage with some little Easter Eggs.

thalmin

Retired game store owner
What do we know about the WOTC mega-adventure Revenge of the Giants? What levels is it set for? Is it going to be like the Return to the.... series from the end of 3.5? I hope not. I loved GDQ for 1e, but I don't think they need to go that route unless it's just an homage with some little Easter Eggs.
From this thread
Revenge of the Giants a D&D Super Adventure by Bill Slavicsek, Mike Mearls, and David Noonan
Fee-Fie-Foe-FUN! Evil giants seek to avenge past defeats by ravaging the civilized lands, and the only thing standing in their way is a renowned band of heroes. This D&D super adventure, designed for paragon-level characters, can be played as a stand-alone adventure or serve as the foundation of an entire D&D campaign.
[It was reported earlier that this set would include monster tokens, much like those in the Starter Set, but no mention of this is in the catalog.]
160 page hardcover, $29.95
August 18, 2009

the Jester

Legend
Hmm, hopefully Monster Manual 2 is out by then for the frost giants (and maybe some other types as well?).

I for one am quite interested in this- the original GDQ series was awesome, and I have some real fondness for some of the Return to... 2e products (though the 3e Expedition to... modules didn't grab me enough to buy them).

catsclaw227

First Post
OK, so a paragon level adventure. That sounds good as I may be starting a new 4e campaign at 1st level and yet I didn't know if I wanted to do SoW.

I wouldn't mind running a pseudo-sandbox game with a few published adventures (Dungeon, H-series, 3PP) and then maybe migrating into this one at the paragon level. August 2009 would be good timing for 10th level if I DM 2/month starting with 1st level.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases