Proposal Adventurers Vault

Phoenix8008

First Post
Wow, about 10 days since this thread has been touched. People reading the AV book to find other problems or what? I'm not waiting on anything from this book in particular myself. My desired item will have to wait till March :-S or later :.-( when the MotP can be proposed. :D Gimme that Githyanki Silver Sword baby!! :cool:;)

EvolutionKB

First Post
What if you limited the girdle of dragons daily power to dragonborn? I'll comb through for problematic items, but I think the link below is a good start.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I think for a book this big it's a good idea to wait until people propose specific rules/items they want to use. That way the judges don't have to comb through the whole stack.

Dunamin

First Post
All WotC books have recently been updated and I noticed that included change to the Girdle of the Dragon, one of the items currently listed as a problematic item in Adventurer's Vault.

The update might effectively take it off that list, what do people think?

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I'll join my voice to those that dislike doubleweapons.

To tell the truth, I loath them. Allowing silly fantasy weapon that defy physics is fine, some people like them. But making them super-Superior weapons, why?

To be fair, they are only completely out of wack for two case; Rogues and Tempest.

For a ranger, they only grant +1 to AC and the advantage of not needing two different weapon to keep pace in the magic item rat race. Probably a better deal than using two bastard sword IMO (also an eyebrow raising concept but at least one that is balanced) but not terribly unbalanced.

For a rogue; doublesword make Rapier obsolete! Why on earth would a rogue pick a rapier when a doublesword gives the same attack bonuses and damage but also give a +1 to AC! The idea that any min-maxer worth his salt seeking to increase his damage dice will bypass the rapier, a typical rogue weapon, and go for the doublesword makes me sick.

And the tempest ; Just forget it. What they seem to be trading in for their build is completely recuperated by using the doubleweapon. A tempest using two short sword seems balanced, one using a doubleweapon seems highly suspicious to me. At any rate, that one feat gives him a ludicrous boost in power!

I keep expecting some errata, but nothing yet has come down the pipe. I hope it's coming, they have errataed some much less problematic stuff.

My personal solution is removing the off-hand tag on the doubleweapon and the light blade tag on the doublesword. The weapon is still silly, but roughly balanced IMO without these feature.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Assuming MP is approved what about the ranger multiclass feat two bladed warrior. It gives you skill training in a ranger skill, the ability to wield a non-off-hand weapon in your off-hand, and then the ability to take paragon fighter classes. Is a double weapon still too strong?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases