Proposal Adventurers Vault

garyh

First Post
Inspired by so much agreement, I make the following proposal: That we adopt the Adventurers Vault as an approved source, with the following exceptions:
  • Double weapons are not approved, pending further review, and
  • Brute weapons cannot be Oversized.

I don't feel the need to mention errata specifically; I think our policy of auto-approving errata covers this.

As this is my proposal, I can't vote on it.

I vote YES on this proposal.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Inspired by so much agreement, I make the following proposal: That we adopt the Adventurers Vault as an approved source, with the following exceptions:

I don't feel the need to mention errata specifically; I think our policy of auto-approving errata covers this.

Ditto. Specifically, I vote YES on this proposal.

Dunamin

First Post

Ditto. Specifically, I vote YES on this proposal.
I vote YES as well. Hooray for getting things done! :)

Formally, I think we should note this part pretty explicitly, though:
... and then if we find anything broken later, we can just exclude that with specific proposals

Ozymandias79

First Post
I would like vote YES aswell but I like to change "brute weapons cannot be oversized" to "brute weapons cannot be oversized until epic tier" since wotc has said that tier abilities is and should be gamebreaking and even a human can get oversized weapons at that tier(see Eternal Defender)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
I would like vote YES aswell but I like to change "brute weapons cannot be oversized" to "brute weapons cannot be oversized until epic tier" since wotc has said that tier abilities is and should be gamebreaking and even a human can get oversized weapons at that tier(see Eternal Defender)

So I guess the actual mechanic is "oversized brutal weapons lose their brutal property until Epic Tier"?

A more general approach would be to say that when rolling multiple damage dice, you can only reroll 1 die for Brutal weapons. If you roll two 1's, just pick one to reroll. (Hmm, perhaps this should scale - 1 die at Heroic tier, 2 at Paragon, 3 at Epic. If you roll 4 1's, sucks to be you.)

renau1g

First Post
If someone reaches epic in PbP I will be unabashedly amazed. No offence meant to anyone here, but the time it'll take to get to even Paragon, we might be getting to when 5th edition will be out ;). It's just the nature of the slower pace of PbP.

Lord Sessadore

Explorer
Yes, I expect oversized brutal weapons won't be an issue for some time, especially since the only active oversized-weapon-user is Hrav, who garyh said will be sticking with his rapier.

So, the clock's ticking now. Just another 38.5 hours til AV is approved ;)

garyh

First Post
Yes, I expect oversized brutal weapons won't be an issue for some time, especially since the only active oversized-weapon-user is Hrav, who garyh said will be sticking with his rapier.

So, the clock's ticking now. Just another 38.5 hours til AV is approved ;)

Unless AV2 intruduces a brutal light blade, I can't see Hrav changing from his rapier. And since a brutal light blade makes no sense, I think we're safe. :)

Even if there was a brutal light blade, I just like the image of the bugbear with a giant rapier (and d10's for damage) too much to change.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases