Proposal Adventurers Vault

Oni

First Post
There's a brutal light blade in AV, the Kukri. Not sure I'd favor it over a +1 to hit from a rapier though.

renau1g

First Post
Yeah, I personally find it odd that a light weapon has the brutal property. Just doesn't fit in my head how something could be light and brutal.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
What about a Bowie knife with a jagged blade? Brutal seems like a good property to represent the extra ripping and tearing, and it's certainly not a heavy blade...

garyh

First Post
There's a brutal light blade in AV, the Kukri. Not sure I'd favor it over a +1 to hit from a rapier though.

Oops! How'd I miss that?

In any case...

Kukri - +2 prof, 1d6, brutal 1, off-hand, light blade (average damage 4)
Rapier - +3 prof, 1d8, light blade (average damage 4.5)

Both superior. So, taking kukri over the rapier gives you 0.5 less average damage, costs +1 to hit, and gains you the ability to use in your off-hand. Obviously, the only reason to use a kukri in that analysis is to have it in your off-hand. Otherwise, the rapier is strictly better. At large size, the kukri is 1d8 brutal 1 (average 5) and the rapier is 1d10 (average 5.5), so that doesn't change with the large versions.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Brutal weapons really do nothing to improve your power; they just reduce the fluctuation of damage. Which is good, but really... not what one should be worried about IMO...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases