New Open Design: Halls of the Mountain King

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Excellent! 4E fans can do this conversion from now on, and future OD projects can all be 3.5. ;)

Um, no, but nice try....

I've started to read the previous adventure. I've read the Open Design threads, and posted once or twice. I must say, the previous adventure seems really, really quite excellent. The OD threads are interesting. I do have one small concern, but I've forwarded that onto Wolfgang in e-mail already. I don't think it is a real concern, given his wise choice on the number of dwarves, but you never know.

I will say that participating in the design process, however limited my roll, is more interesting than I thought it would be already.

Pseudopsyche

First Post
When I click on the 'Add to Cart' under the 4e patronage it takes me to the paypal site where I get this error:

PayPal cannot process this transaction because of a problem with the seller's website. Please contact the seller directly to resolve this problem.
I had the same problem, but it seems to occur with only one of the two Halls of the Mountain King links. On wolfgangbaur.com, under "Open Design Blog News", there are two entries for Halls of the Mountain King. The first (newer) one leads to a page still on wolfgangbaur.com, but this page gave me the Paypal error. The second (older) link leads eventually to a page on koboldquarterly.com (direct link) with the same content, except that before you click on 'Add to Cart', it allows you to specify the level of patronage in a pull-down menu. This version of the 'Add to Cart' button worked fine for me. (Perhaps Wolfgang copy-and-pasted from this page to the other one in a way that broke the pull-down menu, confusing Paypal?)

Edit: P.S. In for 4E. Let's do this thing.

Last edited:

Monkey King

Explorer
Actually, 4E has been making a comeback the last couple days.

And better still, even if 4E doesn't win, it looks like we'll have a dedicated conversion effort for a 4E version of the adventure. I'm working on the details, but it's starting to look pretty good for both editions.

Rechan

Adventurer

And better still, even if 4E doesn't win, it looks like we'll have a dedicated conversion effort for a 4E version of the adventure. I'm working on the details, but it's starting to look pretty good for both editions.
What level of patronage does it take to get access to the conversion pool posts? :)

catsclaw227

First Post

Good news.

Wolfgang, I can't find on KQ or Open Design where people are discussing the conversion. Maybe my patron level isn't allowing me to see the posts? I can see the Brainstorming ones, but I didn't see anything specific about an organized, concerted 4e conversion process.

Rechan

Adventurer
For those just starting the Patron project, go and vote in the polls! GO GO GO!

(Vote NO on Xorn with Veins of Gold. ... :D)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases