New Open Design: Halls of the Mountain King

Monkey King

Explorer
Wolfgang, I can't find on KQ or Open Design where people are discussing the conversion. Maybe my patron level isn't allowing me to see the posts?

Sorry, it's been mostly me and a few of the regulars, as I'm trying to line up not just patrons but also professionals, such as a second editor (I wouldn't make the 3.5E editor edit the manuscript twice!) and a developer. No point in doing a halfway job.

I'll have an email for all the 4E patrons when/if this effort goes live, and there will be plenty of chances to participate in 4E-ification during review by senior patrons, polls, and playtest.

Gothmog

First Post
Hi Wolfgang,

Is there any chance that if this thing goes 3e, the people who supported 4e could still get this?

(From your site)
"Bonus For 4th Edition: If commissioned for 4th Edition play, this project will also include a 48-page Delver's and Flyer's Gazetteer. We'll create new dwarven rituals, dwarven magical items, and clan lore and PC clan feats, and a LOT of new gear usable by non-dwarves as well. Plus a section of DM hazards for the delvers, adventure seeds for the DM, and a small horde of monsters appropriate to the setting. And whatever else senior patrons request."

I'd love to see something like this for 4e, because it would fill a spot that is currently vacant in the 4e rules- and I'm sure others would want to see it as well.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
:(

I thought we were close.

The good news for you, though, is that you've got plenty of 4E love from a lot of different sources. (Not to mention a conversion for this one.)

Us 3.5ers have OD and Paizo for print stuff these days. That's about it.

Protagonist

First Post
The good news for you, though, is that you've got plenty of 4E love from a lot of different sources. (Not to mention a conversion for this one.)

So, pray, tell me where are all those fantastic 4e adventures en par with OD?

Zaukrie

New Publisher
So, pray, tell me where are all those fantastic 4e adventures en par with OD?

Agreed. Outside of WotC and Goodman, we have virtually nothing for 4E right now. There are hundreds (thousands) of 3.x adventures out there.

And, given what I've read of Wrath so far, none of that compares to Wolfgang's work.

Jack99

Adventurer

Do not get me wrong DaveMage, it's not that I do not feel with you. And I will definitely be happy for you guys, if it turns out to be a 3.5 But as some have pointed out, you do have eight years and about 700 adventures of 3.x material already. And aside from the latest WotC adventures in the HPE-serie, there is not much great stuff out there for 4e. Goodman Games have yet to deliver anything above average adventure-wise. :(

Aside from that, I am not paying $75 for a conversion. Wrath of the River King might have been great, but there are limits to my insanity. Besides, while it's certainly possible to convert and get a good result, I am quite convinced that if you want truly great, you design the adventure so that it takes advantage of the system's strengths.

Anyway, my comments weren't meant to start a debate on which edition deserves it more. I was just expressing the fact that I thought it was a relatively close call, while Wolfgang's comments made it very much seem like something that was already settled. I do not begrudge him. He prefers 3.5, and would thus prefer to write for that. No hard feelings, we can't all like the same edition ;)

Cheers

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases