New Open Design: Halls of the Mountain King

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Yes, you ....

I've been avoiding the discussion of the 4E Gazetteer, mostly because there's no way for me to know right now how many 4E patrons will take a full or partial refund, and how many will continue with the project.

Ask me about the Gazetteer again after the greenlight/launch. Maybe there will be enough funds to do the 4E Gazetteer book.

Thanks, I've decided to stay in either way at this point. Even though I was just told yesterday no raises at my work this year.

FunkBGR

Explorer
I'm not sure if I'll stay in should it not go 4e. I never get too involved in these things, which makes me kind of sad, but I can't seem to find time to do it.

Oh well, no worries.

JoeGKushner

First Post
In my opinion, and this is just my opinion though, if the project is realtively close to a go on both systems (I just saw that a senior patron for 4e signed up), it should help 4e fans determine if they're staying if they're guaranteed the 4e supplement, even if the adventure itself is 3e with conversions. The two supplement materials were similiar but not identical with one being concerned with Zobeck dwarves and the other with the little beared bastiches in for 4e no?

I know it'd make a difference to me.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
I stayed in for the whole 4E spiel. I forgot to ask what happens if not enough 4E patrons stay in. that is, if most 4E people drop, and they don't do a conversion (or don't do the extra book), do I get to choos again to drop? I have zero interest in a 3.x product at this point. I'm willing to see how a 4E conversion turns out, but I'd prefer to get the extra book also (and I stayed in at that level).

Holy Smokes

First Post
I feel like Wolfgang has done everything possible within his patronage format to please as many patrons as possible. 4E Mountain King patrons have the option to refund out, take a partial refund for the conversion and reduced participation, or keep their current position to participate in the conversion, and hopefully, the 4E gazetteer. Win.

I'm all in. Go, go, Iron Gazetteer! ;)

Pseudopsyche

First Post
I too left in all my money as a 4E patron. Everything I've seen so far indicates that Wolfgang is working hard to give all his patrons plenty of value for their money. At this point, I'm most worried about the patrons getting along with one another. I don't envy Wolfgang, who is already walking a fine line by saying that the design of the OGL version will have the 4E conversion in mind while reassuring OGL patrons that this effort won't radically influence their project somehow.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases