New Open Design: Halls of the Mountain King

catsclaw227

First Post
I'll likley get in with either basic or expert and vote for 4e, though I will need to wait closer to the end of January. I am assuming that the deadline is still end of February.

Arawn76

Explorer
I'm really hoping this goes 4e, my computers off for maintenance Tuesday and I want to sign up when it's back in a fortnight.

Now to raise as much cash as possible for my patron fee :p

Psion

Adventurer
Wow. It was looking like a landslide for 4e in this thread, then I noticed that Arawn said he hopes it's 4e a bunch of times.

Anyways, I hope it's 3e. ;)

Arawn76

Explorer
Wow. It was looking like a landslide for 4e in this thread, then I noticed that Arawn said he hopes it's 4e a bunch of times.

Anyway, I hope it's 3e. ;)

I'm very hopeful :p

I understand that it's quite close but whichever way it goes I'm sure it'll be a worthwhile endeavour. I would like to be involved regardless of edition but I have to carefully watch my expenditures at the moment and have shelves of great 3e (Paizo in particular) adventures that I have yet to use.

Whereas quality 4e adventures? There's Goodman but I'm greedy for more and Wrath has definitely wet my appetite.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Well, I took advantage of my patronage (until 3E wins) to buy the previous 4E product. If 4E wins, and I get another, that will just be a bargain for me, frankly.

It's interesting to see the closed forums and the conversations of what people want / don't want.

Psion

Adventurer
Whereas quality 4e adventures? There's Goodman but I'm greedy for more and Wrath has definitely wet my appetite.

In all fairness, more 4e adventures would be good. WotC sort of cut their own wrists with the whole GSL debacle.

EDIT: But I'm still in for 3e. ;)

Last edited:

Protagonist

First Post
I will probably run both WotRK and HotMK with a homebrew E6/4E fils de bast of a system, but converting it from 4E to my system will probably a bit easier and I prefer the 4E trap and skill mechanics.

Admiral Caine

First Post
Last update I saw.. 3.5 was ahead, but not by a whole lot. That has been the trend for the last couple days.

Interesting we've passed the 50% commission point in only a few days, this one seems to be going fast.

Quite possibly the Paizo Boards had a rallying cry, and this thread hopes to start another.

If it hasn't been pointed out further, you can Donate for one edition and have those funds transfered to the other Edition if it wins (becoming Edition Neutral if you like). Just tell Wolfgang and he'll make a note of it.

I am a Major Patron, and yes.. the basic setting brainstorming is happening fast and furious.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Last update I saw.. 3.5 was ahead, but not by a whole lot. That has been the trend for the last couple days.

That's not my understanding. Wolfgang made a post over on his message boards earlier today:

Wolfgang said:
Skewing toward OGL/3rd Edition at the moment, which is a surprise to me. 4th Edition will need some major donors (or a number of smaller ones) to catch up.

Similarly...

Interesting we've passed the 50% commission point in only a few days, this one seems to be going fast.

I don't think we're quite there yet. I got a welcome email after I signed up as a patron (Yay 3.5!) and it said:

The project is still in the commissioning phase (we're 40% of the way there as of right now)

Though that's still quite fast. I think that people are treating this as something of a competition between 3.5 and 4E.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases