New Open Design: Halls of the Mountain King

Rechan

Adventurer
FINALLY. I hold Wrath of the River King in my (proverbial) hands! Weeks of longing, kvitching, unnecessary spending, I HAVE IT!

HAHAHAHHAHA.

Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

BWA-MM-HAHAHHAHA.

Okay, seriously back now.

Monkey King

Explorer
I would be interested to know if our little rally here has had any effect on the 4e patronage push.

The answer is YES.

There's been a definite uptick in 4E and it is gaining ground on 3E. Still behind right now.

One other development: some of the 4E patrons have started discussing a formal 4E conversion process in case the project goes OGL.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
Out of curiosity, what's the procedure should I decide to up my level of patronage? Do I just go and buy another patronage level?

JoeGKushner

First Post
One thing I'd like to note that the 9-12 isn't the same 'sweet' spot in 4e that it is in 3e and that future 4e oriented adventurers should keep that in mind. (Not that it's not in mind now mind you but the game has a dearth of those paragon/epic adventurers.)

Admiral Caine

First Post
Out of curiosity, what's the procedure should I decide to up my level of patronage? Do I just go and buy another patronage level?

I've done this before. I'd e-mail him before doing it, and then just use PayPal to send him the difference between the two levels of Patronage.

On the other hand, he may have a different technique.. but we have done it that way before. Especially when there is no clear cut way to get two levels of Patronage to actually add up to how much you wish/intend to contribute.

catsclaw227

First Post
One other development: some of the 4E patrons have started discussing a formal 4E conversion process in case the project goes OGL.
I may be interested in that, since I have converted three of the mid-level Age of Worms chapters to 4e. Though I might not have authority, since I am only a $25 patron.

Monkey King

Explorer
Authority, hell, you've got relevant experience! Shoot me some email and maybe there's a bit of strategizing to do the 4E conversion right from the start.

I'd rather have the conversion be really good, or not do an one at all.

catsclaw227

First Post
Authority, hell, you've got relevant experience! Shoot me some email and maybe there's a bit of strategizing to do the 4E conversion right from the start.

I'd rather have the conversion be really good, or not do an one at all.
I'll go in and read through all the brainstorming posts on Open Design. Correct me if I am wrong, but I should start with Welcome to the Halls right?

I will also shoot you an email to talk about conversions once I get done with work. :) Are there others talking 4e conversion that I should hook up with specifically?

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases