[Open Design] Open Design Project #9 Seeking Patrons!

terraleon

Explorer
This project is go!

It has met commission and will begin development as an OGL project!

There will be a 4E conversion and if there is sufficient support, a 4E Gazetteer featuring new rituals, clan lore and rules, new equipment and magic items, and much more. Details will go to 4E patrons by email.

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce...
Kobold Quarterly's Public Relations Minion.

DItheringFool

First Post
This project is go!

It has met commission and will begin development as an OGL project!

There will be a 4E conversion and if there is sufficient support, a 4E Gazetteer featuring new rituals, clan lore and rules, new equipment and magic items, and much more. Details will go to 4E patrons by email.

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce...
Hey "Kobold Quarterly's Public Relations Minion" would you mind putting a little more effort into supporting the OGL? Whether you intend it or not, you come across as being bent toward 4e.

Anyone can still join the project. Here is a quote from the official announcement by Wolfgang:

Halls of the Mountain King has met the commission bar as an OGL project, and will be written as an adventure for levels 8 to 10, with more than 40 encounters. Congratulations to all the patrons who voiced their support for this edition of the world's most popular role-playing game!

Here is the link: http://www.koboldquarterly.com/k/article147.php

Last edited:

terraleon

Explorer
Fifty 4E patrons remained with the project, sufficient to confirm that there will not only be a conversion of the OGL adventure to 4E, but also the 4E Iron Gazetteer, with rituals, clan lore and rules, new equipment and magic items, and much more.

If you were on the fence about becoming a patron for a 4E Open Design, now you've got a guarantee!

Come join the fun!

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce...

terraleon

Explorer
Hey "Kobold Quarterly's Public Relations Minion" would you mind putting a little more effort into supporting the OGL? Whether you intend it or not, you come across as being bent toward 4e.

Anyone can still join the project. Here is a quote from the official announcement by Wolfgang:

Halls of the Mountain King has met the commission bar as an OGL project, and will be written as an adventure for levels 8 to 10, with more than 40 encounters. Congratulations to all the patrons who voiced their support for this edition of the world's most popular role-playing game!

Here is the link: Entering the Halls of the Mountain King « Kobold Quarterly

I apologize if that's the impression, it's unintended.

Let me be clear... I'm for Open Design.

It can be OGL, it can be 4E, ... hell, I'd love for it to be Ars Magica 5E. But as Kobold Krier, I'm for Open Design, whatever the commission is.

To be honest, I'm more comfortable designing in OGL, but I'm going to get better at 4E by watching and participating in the process for those projects. My gig here is to share the news, and that's all I'm trying to do.

So if you feel there's a bias there, that's unintentional, and you should drop me a note at bmcfarland@koboldquarterly.com, and I'll work to move things back to impartiality.

thanks,

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce...

terraleon

Explorer
From Wolfgang:

"I’m happy to report that we’ve already seen a massive amount of design work, pitches, and discussion for the Halls of the Mountain King project. The dwarves of the Golden Citadel have taken on a history, great dangers threaten them, and I daresay we have a theme, a start at the overall plot arc, and our first eight encounters roughed out.

The design work already includes more than 12 new monsters, a big batch of crazed derro magical and tech items, plus 15 pitches for the hook that kicks the whole adventure off. The first section of the adventure is in outline form, and brainstorms for the middle, finale, and gazetteer are underway.

This project is going to be MASSIVE. Bigger than Empire of the Ghouls.
If you’d like to join the Open Design discussion, sign up as a patron today!"

There will be an OGL Gazetteer, a 4E conversion, and a 4E Gazetteer. Come join the fun!

-Ben.
--
Small but Fierce...

Remove ads