Gen Con Wikipedia article

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Hi once again! :) We are trying to get the Gen Con article up to "Good Article" status! We have a long way to go with this one, but maybe with your help we can make it there (if not now, then maybe on a second try). Check out the review page to see what needs work.

Really, the whole article needs work. If you know of a source that has info on GenCon's history prior to Adkison's purchase in 2002, we need help with that in particular.

Thanks! :)

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Hi once again! :) We are trying to get the Gen Con article up to "Good Article" status! We have a long way to go with this one, but maybe with your help we can make it there (if not now, then maybe on a second try). Check out the review page to see what needs work.

Really, the whole article needs work. If you know of a source that has info on GenCon's history prior to Adkison's purchase in 2002, we need help with that in particular.

Thanks! :)

You already have a link on there to Randy Porter's website. There is no-one better than him when it comes to Gen Con history.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Thanks, I did. He recommended "40 Years of Gen Con" by Robin Laws, as he did a lot of the research for it. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Already in heavy use, see citation #41. :) It's used so much already, in fact, that I don't think it would be wise to add more citations to it! ;)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
It seems unlikely that this one will succeed at this time, given how much of the article is unreferenced. I don't know where I would begin too look for references on most of the "events" section. If that ever gets fixed, or trimmed, I'm sure we can try again. :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
yep - I'll have to get into that one later. We've nominated the articles for Forgotten Realms, Drizzt Do'Urden, and Unearthed Arcana now, so time to move on for the moment. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases