Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward [3.5E D&D] [OOC 02]

Leif

Adventurer
It was hard for me to write my half, too! I had to dry the tears from my keyboard this morning. One thing, Fenris -- Dang son! Do all of your characters have last names that NO ONE can spell? I thought Kewiczak was about as bad as it could get, but I think you've outdone yourself!

pathfinderq1

First Post
This is turning out to be a tougher decision than I expected. Especially with the loss of Sentran (as a dedicated arcane caster) and the removal of Jonas (and a substantial amount of our social skill monkeyness), it almost makes more sense to keep Thea in play- since the other new caster is multiclassed. At this point, I'm torn between keeping Thea and bringing in Shendra- we seem pretty well set for melee characters.

I'll think on it for a bit more, and I'll make a decision by tomorrow.

Leif

Adventurer
totally your call to make, pq1. I would only emphasize that our goal here is to allow the players to choose the character that they truly want, without regard to what other players do. Now, I understand that you big tough guy players have kinda 'marked off your territory' like a bunch of big ol' dogs, but, really, there are more ways to differentiate your characters than just by class and race. It's the DMs's job to provide challenges to the capabilities presented by the characters.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Decision made! Actually, if I had been able to log in last night, I might even have made that decision on schedule- maybe.

After all of that trouble building potential new characters, I'm actually going to stay with Thea. Sorry about all the hype being for nothing.

With the loss of Sentran, I think the arcane caster role will be more valuable than another archer, and when we get our next level, Thea will get some more useful spells to help the group out. And her skill list is just too valuable, especially with Jonas going out on his own. I'll keep my stack of back-up characters, just in case.

KerlanRayne

Explorer
Fenris, I find the {CODE} tag annoying for character sheets. You have to scroll left and right inside the little box since there is no word wrapping. If you did it just to keep the formatting of your sheet maybe you should try replacing the {CODE} tags with {FONT=Courier New}{/FONT}. It gives you the same monospaced font as the CODE tag but without the box.
Just a suggestion.

By the way, is the color I chose for IC speaking OK? I don't want to conflict with another character.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
We've always let players choose how they wanted to present their character sheets in this game. So far, they've ranged from plain enworld text all the way to Mowgli's funky documents, and that's fine for this game. (My Whirtlestaff's game is another matter ENTIRELY, Mowgli! ;) ) So do what makes you happy, Fenris. [sorry Kerlan :( No hard feelings?]

Fenris

Adventurer
Fenris, I find the {CODE} tag annoying for character sheets. You have to scroll left and right inside the little box since there is no word wrapping. If you did it just to keep the formatting of your sheet maybe you should try replacing the {CODE} tags with {FONT=Courier New}{/FONT}. It gives you the same monospaced font as the CODE tag but without the box.
Just a suggestion.

Yeah, I can see that. But the character sheet I use is the standard character sheet required in Living ENWorld, code tags and all. I use the template for my other characters since I have it save as a template I can fill in.

But usually you only have to look at the sheet once ;)

KerlanRayne

Explorer
No problem. As I said, it was just a suggestion. Some people don't know about using the Courier New font to preserve formatting.

So? Is the color I chose OK?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases