Scotley's and Leif's Constables of the 14th Ward [3.5E D&D] [OOC 02]

pathfinderq1

First Post
A slight modification to my previous post- it looks like tracking is handled with the Survival skill, and Search only gives synergy bonus. I guess I've just been playing too many house-ruled rangers- anyway, I'm still going to leave the points in Search, with the understanding that they may be less useful (it does fit with the concept).

Leif

Adventurer
A slight modification to my previous post- it looks like tracking is handled with the Survival skill, and Search only gives synergy bonus. I guess I've just been playing too many house-ruled rangers- anyway, I'm still going to leave the points in Search, with the understanding that they may be less useful (it does fit with the concept).
Yes, I should have instantly caught that Survival is for tracking, not Search, because I knew that! But I missed it anyway, sorry.

Now, as to the RP for searches, yes, it works in PBP just like in a table-top game: you just tell us WHERE and HOW your character searches, and about any precautions he/she takes. No rolls are necessary. The success of your search depends upon looking in a place where there is something to find. What could be simpler?

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Mowgli, non-game question]Didn't you get my private message last week about a 4E game? Or does the thought disgust you so much that you didn't even want to respond? :)[/sblock]

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
[sblock=Leif, Non-Game Answer]I did indeed get it. I think I sent an e-mail about possibly playing an Eladrin Rogue, along with a link to a really cool beta version of a character maker (very helpful for those of us who've taken on so much we don't have time to do anything else, but are considering it anyway).

I'd actually like to give 4E a try - the problem being that I've already backed out of JA's Colony game until I can get all my other irons heating properly, and can't see starting another game (much less learning another system) for the same reason I backed out of his. I definitely don't want to give up Manny, SoulFetter, H'Roosh or Katherine (though truthfully the last doesn't take much of my time) to start a 4E game, nor do I want to give up my HERO game or my dreams of one day starting my planned Pathfinder game. I'd really rather not sacrifice my familial relationships either . . .

So I'm going to have to VERY reluctantly turn you down. Sorry, dude.[/sblock]

Leif

Adventurer
[sblock=Mowgli, non-game reply to your non-game answer]I understand totally. Just hit me up when you do have the capacity for it, ok, dude?
But, by the way, learning the system is what this whole deal is about. It's not like you'd be behind the rest of us, really. Scott and I have a passing familiarity with 4e, hell, Scott may already be an expert, but I'm having to give Rhun a lot of help making a character, and he doesn't have the books, either, if that makes any difference.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Where ya been, Alarion?? I can't believe you're just now getting to the new thread. Great to have you back with us, anyway.

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
For those who are curious, and don't know this yet, you don't have to post to a thread to subscribe. Posting to a thread still automatically enters your subscription to the thread, but you can subscribe without posting. Look in the "frame" above the topmost post, and find the "'Thread Tools" pull-down menu. Select "Subscribe to this Thread," follow the prompts, and you're done!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases